#1 InChristAlways

InChristAlways

Sigma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

http://www.christian...ml#post29062457

What are the Muslims view of the Queen of Sheba and do they believe she existed?
Does the Koran mention anything about her? Thanks.

http://www.scripture4all.org/

There is one verse containing the word Sh@ba'iy (Strong's 07615). Here it is:

7615 Shba'iy sheb-aw-ee' patronymic from 7614; a Shebaite or descendant of Sheba:--Sabean.

Joe 3:8 And I will sell 04376 your sons 01121 and your daughters 01323 into the hand 03027 of the children 01121 of Judah 03063, and they shall sell 04376 them to the Sabeans 07615, to a people 01471 far off 07350: for the LORD 03068 hath spoken 01696 [it].

Sh@ba' (Strong's 07614) occurs 23 times in 23 verses:

1Ki 10:1 And when the queen 04436 of Sheba 07614 heard 08085 of the fame 08088 of Solomon 08010 concerning the name 08034 of the LORD 03068, she came 0935 to prove 05254 him with hard questions 02420.

(Young) Luke 11:31 `A queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and shall condemn them, because she came from the ends of the land to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and lo, greater than Solomon here!

Edited by InChristAlways, 19 November 2006 - 11:50 PM.

Luke 21:22 "For these are the DAYS of VENGEANCE, that ALL THINGS which are WRITTEN may be FULFILLED1 Peter 4:7 But the End of ALL THINGS is NIGH at Hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.!

#2 InChristAlways

InChristAlways

Sigma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:11 AM

http://www.christian...n-of-sheba.html

Originally Posted by salafi

The story of Balkis, Queen of Saba, as told at length in the Koran, corresponds so closely with what we find in the II. Targum of the Book of Esther, that it was evidently taken from it, as heard by Mohammed from some Jewish source

So the prophet took it from a jewish source... meaning he is a liar and theif. Well all i can say is that our prophet was a trustworthy and noble man. Nobody could ever match the character of our prophet. If he was a man that wanted any worldy thing he could have gotten it. But he strived to good and be a good example for others. Thoughout his whole life he was calling people to a higher standard of living. Every time the prophet had a chance to give to the needy people he would give.He was the mericul man. You should learn the life of this man who change the history of man instead throwing cheap and useless comments.

Luke 21:22 "For these are the DAYS of VENGEANCE, that ALL THINGS which are WRITTEN may be FULFILLED1 Peter 4:7 But the End of ALL THINGS is NIGH at Hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.!

#3 EliYah

EliYah

Omicron

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:47 PM

See this website

http://www.witness-p...et/sulaiman.htm

The queen of Sheba IS mentioned in the Qur'an.

16. And Solomon was David's heir. And he said: O mankind! Lo! we have been taught the language of birds, and have been given (abundance) of all things. This surely is evident favour.

17. And there were gathered together unto Solomon his armies of the jinn and humankind, and of the birds, and they were set in battle order;

18. Till, when they reached the Valley of the Ants, an ant exclaimed: O ants! Enter your dwellings lest Solomon and his armies crush you, unperceiving.

19. And (Solomon) smiled, laughing at her speech, and said: My Lord, arouse me to be thankful for Thy favour wherewith Thou hast favoured me and my parents, and to do good that shall be pleasing unto Thee, and include me in (the number of) Thy righteous slaves.

20. And he sought among the birds and said: How is it that I see not the hoopoe, or is he among the absent ?

21. I verily will punish him with hard punishment or I verily will slay him, or he verily shall bring me a plain excuse.

22. But he was not long in coming, and he said: I have found out (a thing) that thou apprehendest not, and I come unto thee from Sheba with sure tidings.

23. Lo! I found a woman ruling over them, and she hath been given (abundance) of all things, and hers is a mighty throne.

24. I found her and her people worshipping the sun instead of Allah; and Satan maketh their works fairseeming unto them, and debarreth them from the way (of Truth), so that they go not aright;

25. So that they worship not Allah, Who bringeth forth the hidden in the heavens and the earth, and knoweth what ye hide and what ye proclaim,

26. Allah; there is no God save Him, the Lord of the Tremendous Throne.

27. (Solomon) said: We shall see whether thou speakest truth or whether thou art of the liars.

28. Go with this my letter and throw it down unto them; then turn away and see what (answer) they return,

29. (The Queen of Sheba) said (when she received the letter): O chieftains! Lo! there hath been thrown unto me a noble letter.

30. Lo! it is from Solomon, and lo! it is: In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful;

31. Exalt not yourselves against me, but come unto me as those who surrender.

32. She said: O chieftains! Pronounce for me in my case. I decide no case till ye are present with me.

33. They said: We are lords of might and lords of great prowess, but it is for thee to command; so consider what thou wilt command.

34. She said: Lo! kings, when they enter a township, ruin it and make the honour of its people shame. Thus will they do.

35. But lo! I am going to send a present unto them, and to see with what (answer) the messengers return.

36. So when (the envoy) came unto Solomon, (the King) said: What! Would ye help me with wealth ? But that which Allah hath given me is better than that which He hath given you. Nay it is ye (and not I) who exult in your gift.

37. Return unto them. We verily shall come unto them with hosts that they cannot resist, and we shall drive them out from thence with shame, and they will be abased.

38. He said: O chiefs! Which of you will bring me her throne before they come unto me, surrendering ?

39. A stalwart of the jinn said: I will bring it thee before thou canst rise from thy place. Lo! I verily am strong and trusty for such work.

40. One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: I will bring it thee before thy gaze returneth unto thee. And when he saw it set in his presence, (Solomon) said: This is of the bounty of my Lord, that He may try me whether I give thanks or am ungrateful. Whosoever giveth thanks he only giveth thanks for (the good of) his own soul; and whosoever is ungrateful (is ungrateful only to his own soul's hurt). For lo! my Lord is Absolute in independence, Bountiful.

41. He said: Disguise her throne for her that we may see whether she will go aright or be of those not rightly guided.

42. So, when she came, it was said (unto her): Is thy throne like this ? She said: (It is) as though it were the very one. And (Solomon said): We were given the knowledge before her and we had surrendered (to Allah).

43. And (all) that she was wont to worship instead of Allah hindered her, for she came of disbelieving folk.

44. It was said unto her: Enter the hall. And when she saw it she deemed it a pool and bared her legs. (Solomon) said: Lo! it is a hall, made smooth, of glass. She said: My Lord! Lo! I have wronged myself, and I surrender with Solomon unto Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.

#4 InChristAlways

InChristAlways

Sigma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:22 PM

16. And Solomon was David's heir. And he said: O mankind! Lo! we have been taught the language of birds, and have been given (abundance) of all things. This surely is evident favour.

Thanks for that post. Jesus was the Heir of Solomon's son and the tribe of Judah.

Did you notice the book of Revelation also shows the Lord Jesus being of the Tribe of Judah, the only tribe Solomon's son was allowed to keep? :unsure:
This is why the Bible takes precedence of the Koran [for me anyway] as Revelation explains to the Jews/Israelites why Jesus was their [and ours] Lord and Savior and the Final Prophet for Mankind. :coffee:

Acts 1:6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?"

Matthew 1:1 The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham: 2 Abraham begot Isaac, Isaac begot Jacob, and Jacob begot Judah and his brothers.

Reve 5:5 But one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals."

Edited by InChristAlways, 21 November 2006 - 06:27 PM.

#5 sijistani

sijistani

Beta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

The Queen of Sheba, was the noble wife of our Master Solomon may God send millions of salutations on him

#6 Evangelion

Evangelion

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,351 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:54 AM

And where do we learn of this? Where is it written, and where is the historical evidence?

The pagan Arabs believed that she married Solomon. They believed this long before Muhammed came along. Did he simply accept their belief?
In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas
Imago
Credo

#7 Jeremy

Jeremy

Order of the Golden Pedant

• Christadelphian Armoury
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:55 AM

The Biblical record in 1 Kings suggests otherwise.

(1Kings 10:13) And king Solomon gave unto the queen of Sheba all her desire, whatsoever she asked, beside that which Solomon gave her of his royal bounty. So she turned and went to her own country, she and her servants.

That doesn't show whether they married or not, and I presume Sijistani doesn't believe the Bible anyway. I would be interested in his reply to Evangelion's question, though.
And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.

#8 Evangelion

Evangelion

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • 22,351 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:19 PM

The Biblical record in 1 Kings suggests otherwise.

(1Kings 10:13) And king Solomon gave unto the queen of Sheba all her desire, whatsoever she asked, beside that which Solomon gave her of his royal bounty. So she turned and went to her own country, she and her servants.

That doesn't show whether they married or not, and I presume Sijistani doesn't believe the Bible anyway. I would be interested in his reply to Evangelion's question, though.

Actually I was wrong; it was the Ethiopians (not pagan Arabs) whose knowledge of this tradition predates Islam.

The story itself appears in the Kebra Nagast, a 700 year old Ethiopian text translated from a much older Arabic text.

The Kebra Nagast is a composite work, whose authors demonstrate considerable familiarity with the Old and New Testaments, some Apocrypha, and writings of the early church fathers (such as Gregory of Nyssa) but no knowledge of Islamic belief. There is also evidence of influence from Jewish mysticism.

For these reasons, we may conclude that the original form pre-dated Islam by many centuries.
Imago
Credo

#9 Jeremy

Jeremy

• 8,434 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

For these reasons, we may conclude that the original form pre-dated Islam by many centuries.

In Ethiopian tradition, certainly. Thanks for update.
And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.

#10 sijistani

sijistani

Beta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:40 PM

And where do we learn of this? Where is it written, and where is the historical evidence?

The pagan Arabs believed that she married Solomon. They believed this long before Muhammed came along. Did he simply accept their belief?

My friend. This is such a basic belief in ANY Muslim society on earth, that it baffles me that people who speak about Islam to such lengths here on this website are not aware of that.

We teach our toddlers this. Catch hold of any Muslim religous toddler storybook. You can learn about it there.

Edited by sijistani, 24 December 2008 - 04:41 PM.

#11 sijistani

sijistani

Beta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:43 PM

I'm not interested in whether you teach your kids it or not, since people of different beliefs teach their kids a whole plethora of varying things. The point is that this teaching is inconsistant with previous historic records that predated Islamic beliefs by over a thousand years.

You can believe whatever you want. We Muslims have our beliefs. We teach our children what is authentic in our faith. You can refute them in this forum as much as you want all I care.

If on the other hand, you have any specific question to me regarding the topic of this thread, I would not mind to answer, if I am able to.

thanks

-sijistani

#12 Jeremy

Jeremy

• 8,434 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

My friend. This is such a basic belief in ANY Muslim society on earth, that it baffles me that people who speak about Islam to such lengths here on this website are not aware of that.

We teach our toddlers this. Catch hold of any Muslim religous toddler storybook. You can learn about it there.

That's a different issue. You're not answering the issue Evangelion raised.

#13 Evangelion

Evangelion

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • 22,351 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

It surprises me too. But then, I already knew about this. Not everyone does.

Why would I be interested in reading an Arabian myth, particularly when I know it already?

Remember, I wasn't the one who asked the original question. I asked you to explain its provenance. Do you actually understand what you've been asked?
Imago
Credo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users