13 replies to this topic

#1 InChristAlways

InChristAlways

Sigma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:13 PM

Why muslims believe our book of revelation is not "inspired". It depicts our Lord Jesus as a mass "murderer" :fence:

http://www.christian...he-prophet.html

quote muslim: I dont get it.

We have Christians trying to tell us Jesus was meek and would not shed a drop of blood. Yea he was a Lamb brought to the slaughterhouse without much of a noise from him. So far so nice...

Then suddenly, we read here Christians who push the book of revelation which they depict Jesus as coming to 'judge and make war', who wore a 'robe stained with blood' who from his mouth 'came as sharp sword' who will 'trample the winepress of the fierce anger of God'. And after all the slaughter, you read the angels calling the birds to eat "the flesh of kings, the flesh of commanders, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of their riders, and the flesh of everyone, both free and slave, small and great" (Revelation 19)

What a tragedy. Christians turning the Lamb into a slaughter machine?? :shades:

Edited by InChristAlways, 06 April 2006 - 08:13 PM.

Luke 21:22 "For these are the DAYS of VENGEANCE, that ALL THINGS which are WRITTEN may be FULFILLED1 Peter 4:7 But the End of ALL THINGS is NIGH at Hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.!

#2 Evangelion

Evangelion

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,351 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

Why muslims believe our book of revelation is not "inspired". It depicts our Lord Jesus as a mass "murderer" :fence:

We have Christians trying to tell us Jesus was meek and would not shed a drop of blood. Yea he was a Lamb brought to the slaughterhouse without much of a noise from him. So far so nice...

Then suddenly, we read here Christians who push the book of revelation which they depict Jesus as coming to 'judge and make war', who wore a 'robe stained with blood' who from his mouth 'came as sharp sword' who will 'trample the winepress of the fierce anger of God'. And after all the slaughter, you read the angels calling the birds to eat "the flesh of kings, the flesh of commanders, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of their riders, and the flesh of everyone, both free and slave, small and great" (Revelation 19)

This isn't going to sound very PC, but to be perfectly honest I don't really care what they think.

And considering the track record of Islam through the centuries, they're hardly in a position to be pointing the finger.
In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas
Imago
Credo

#3 InChristAlways

InChristAlways

Sigma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:55 PM

This isn't going to sound very PC, but to be perfectly honest I don't really care what they think.

And considering the track record of Islam through the centuries, they're hardly in a position to be pointing the finger.

LOL. The jews are finally coming in and battling the muslims on their interpretation of the Scriptures also.
I was at first picking on the muslims, but I am also starting to pick on the jews and their pagan Talmud along with "Mess-ianics" and "Noachide" jew wannabees. Pretty exciting. :thumbsup:
Luke 21:22 "For these are the DAYS of VENGEANCE, that ALL THINGS which are WRITTEN may be FULFILLED1 Peter 4:7 But the End of ALL THINGS is NIGH at Hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.!

#4 Adanac

Adanac

Omega

• On Vacation
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:04 PM

How about picking on your own interpretation of Scripture?
Housework has been a snap since I realized... "Hey! I'm a guy!".

#5 InChristAlways

InChristAlways

Sigma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

How about picking on your own interpretation of Scripture?

Mine? What about God's interpretation? I have seen your interpretations and I won't bother to comment on them [I will let Lectron do that], but I would deem it a challenge to debate muslims and jews on revelation and perhaps clear up a lot of the confusion on it between all 3 Religions. Peace.

http://www.christian...n-religion.html

Edited by InChristAlways, 06 April 2006 - 09:10 PM.

#6 Adanac

Adanac

Omega

• On Vacation
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:14 PM

But this is what I don't get. Why debate them on Revelation? It's not part of the canon of the Jewish or Muslim Bibles so what is the point?
Housework has been a snap since I realized... "Hey! I'm a guy!".

#7 InChristAlways

InChristAlways

Sigma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:20 PM

Why muslims believe our book of revelation is not "inspired". It depicts our Lord Jesus as a mass "murderer" icon_eek.gif

What a tragedy. Christians turning the Lamb into a slaughter machine??

But this is what I don't get. Why debate them on Revelation? It's not part of the canon of the Jewish or Muslim Bibles so what is the point?

What is the point of debating revelation between Christians if we can't get the muslims and jews in on the "Action"? Looking at some of the Endtime forums, I would say Christianity is more confused than even Islam is on the Endtimes. The best part is, Islam believe Christ is coming back also. :coffee: So it is our view verses Muhammad "science fiction" view.
Anyway, watching jews, muslims and christians getting it on with Scripture is more exciting than watching christians professing their expertise on the Endtimes.

#8 Dawn

Dawn

Chi

• On Vacation
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:06 AM

Just believing "CHRIST IS COMING BACK" doesn't really mean much in itself. Even Robert Maxwell (or some newspaper baron) believed in Christ's return, so he made sure he was buried on the Mount of Olives so he could be resurrected and see it all. However in itself, I think true Christianity is much more than this.

Also Christ's return will see the destruction of evil doers and those that destroy the earth. Yes, it will be a terrible time of judgment. I don't have a problem with that. I don't understand why Muslims do?
"....when you Think of Things, you find sometimes that the Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it" (A A Milne)

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves" Philippians 2:3

#9 R2D2

R2D2

Upsilon

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:20 AM

I remember hearing that Robert Maxwell was buried on the Mount of Olives.
"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." Heb 4:15

#10 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:57 PM

Why muslims believe our book of revelation is not "inspired". It depicts our Lord Jesus as a mass "murderer" :)

It is another example of the natural man reading what is spiritual, literally. Another reason we know the Quran is not from God it is a total misinterpretation of the old testament and parts of the new by a literalist.
"and will smite every HORSE OF THE PEOPLE with blindness"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_symbolic_meaning_of_a_horse#ixzz1K0LLUt00

#11 Simon-Ben-Zion

Simon-Ben-Zion

Omicron

• Non-Member
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:17 AM

Why muslims believe our book of revelation is not "inspired". It depicts our Lord Jesus as a mass "murderer" :)

Hi Evangelion I agree with you after reading their so called "Holy Book" I believe it was written by the flesh and for the flesh

#12 IDF

IDF

Rho

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

Just believing "CHRIST IS COMING BACK" doesn't really mean much in itself. Even Robert Maxwell (or some newspaper baron) believed in Christ's return, so he made sure he was buried on the Mount of Olives so he could be resurrected and see it all. However in itself, I think true Christianity is much more than this.

Also Christ's return will see the destruction of evil doers and those that destroy the earth. Yes, it will be a terrible time of judgment. I don't have a problem with that. I don't understand why Muslims do?

probably they think he's trying to steal their job away from them :) jihad on the infidels
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

#13 Simon-Ben-Zion

Simon-Ben-Zion

Omicron

• Non-Member
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

probably they think he's trying to steal their job away from them :) jihad on the infidels

I like that

#14 John the Bearded

John the Bearded

Lambda

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

Dear All

I think the problem is that the Muslim who produced the first comment on the Revelation did so tongue-in-cheek, finding it an easy comment to make, and feeling no desire to actually attempt to understand the document on which he was commenting. There is no point in taking it as indicative of "How Muslims understand the Revelation".

What is going on is that the Muslim concerned has found a place to hang a cheap jibe at Christians. Some Muslims, who don't think very clearly about things, may take it as a serious comment. Far more will find that if they give it to Christians this produces confusion in the Christian and leaves them unable to carry on with the argument. The Muslim will then claim a victory and move on without the thought that the text they have been using may in reality have a meaning which, had they understood it, would have taken them a step nearer to the truth and eternal life.

Sometimes there is a way of reversing the situation and challenging the Muslim to stop for a moment and think; it is useful to try to find one for every passage that the Muslim quotes.

We saw something similar with Ibrahim/Eliyah's comment on the sign of Jonah:

"For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Matthew 12:40)

Muslims argue that Jesus can't have been killed because Jonah did not die. This, of course, is nonsense, but it often makes Christians give up for a while so that they can think of an answer, and in this time the Muslim declares a victory and moves on. One point to make here is to ask what the significance of the three days is. Clearly Jesus was three days out of sight of the earth; what was he doing? No problem here; Jesus is fortelling three days in the tomb.

If the Muslim attempted to understand the saying, he would have to conclude that it is really about the death and resurrection of Jesus. Muslims are very keen, however, not to engage their brains at this point.

In the case of the saying from the Revelation, the Muslim is attempting to suggest that Christians are horrible people because they believe in a book which says that Jesus will make war on the wicked. However, this is the whole point of judgement. It might be worthwhile asking the Muslim if, given the point they make, they are denying that there will be a day of judgement. Should they say that they are indicating such a denial, then they are kaffir and are in danger of being killed by other Muslims. If they follow the standard Muslim line and indicate that they do believe in the day of judgement, then there is no problem with the Revelation; the wicked will be killed, including all those who do not have faith in the real Christ Jesus.

Essentially there is no point in responding to this observation unless one can get the Muslim to think about the real implications of what he is saying.

Yours

John the Bearded

Edited by John the Bearded, 01 June 2009 - 09:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users