#1 fellowheir

fellowheir

Alpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

It was UNSEARCHABLE!

Acts 22:21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.

Ephesians 2:11-12 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 3:1-5 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Fellowheirs with those who first trusted in Christ (Ephesians 1:12) beginning with Paul (1 Timothy 1:13-16), and including the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians and Thessalonians.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

The word of truth, the gospel of your salvation is the gospel of Christ, the power of God unto salvation for therein (therein the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God revealed (Romans 1:16-17).

The gospel of Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

It is the ONLY gospel that establishes you into the Body of Christ:

Romans 16:25-27 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: 27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Ephesians 3:7-9 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the UNSEARCHABLE riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

The only gospel that will save you today is the gospel that was revealed to and through the apostle Paul by the risen, ascended, Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:11-12 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
The gospel, doctrine, duty and destination to anyone living in this age is found in the form of sound words of Romans-Philemon.

#2 Richie

Richie

Chi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

What is your point?
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett.

#3 fellowheir

fellowheir

Alpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

What is your point?

That Gentiles like the Ephesians (people like you and me) who in time past were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

That the Gentiles like the Ephesians (people like you and me) should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel.

That the fellowship of the mystery was hid in God.

for starters :)

#4 Richie

Richie

Chi

• Christadelphian MD
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Yes we already knew that.

What is your purpose coming on this forum? To repeat Bible verses or, as the title of the web site suggests, to discuss scripture?
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett.

#5 fellowheir

fellowheir

Alpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

Yes we already knew that.

What is your purpose coming on this forum? To repeat Bible verses or, as the title of the web site suggests, to discuss scripture?

What is your purpose in spamming this thread? If you have questions directly related to the OP I would be more than happy to address them. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

#6 Richie

Richie

Chi

• Christadelphian MD
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

I am not spamming. I asked what your point is and you repeated something obvious. What are you trying to say?

OK a more direct question: what does it mean to be made nigh by the blood of Christ?

#7 fellowheir

fellowheir

Alpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

I am not spamming. I asked what your point is and you repeated something obvious. What are you trying to say?

OK a more direct question: what does it mean to be made nigh by the blood of Christ?

brought near

Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Ephesians 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Ephesians 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

#8 fellowheir

fellowheir

Alpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

The only way for you to be a fellowheir and of the same body and partaker of His promise in Christ is BY THE GOSPEL (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). That was a mystery hid in God from the beginning of the world until revealed to and through the apostle Paul.

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Edited by fellowheir, 26 April 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#9 Richie

Richie

Chi

• Christadelphian MD
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

I give up.

#10 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

What is your point?

That Gentiles like the Ephesians (people like you and me) who in time past were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

That the Gentiles like the Ephesians (people like you and me) should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel.

That the fellowship of the mystery was hid in God.

for starters :)

What are "the covenants of promise"?
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users