4 replies to this topic

#1 IDF

IDF

Rho

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

Spose by now many of the regualrs have noticed my poor spelling and grammer.

My spelling and grammer is poor wether Im sobre or not (soz for those that dont know, was dry for 6 months till a recent court case triggered me drinking again, but am going dry again anyway) right now im completley sobre, but cause I cant type to save my life and my thoughts obvoiously travel at a much greater speed than I can type, combine with the fact Im statring at my keyboard and not my screen, then I am prone to a lot of speeling mistakes and grammatical errors. I am not eve going to try to fix this up cause I need to demonstrate the reason Im bring thins up.

Because i make mistakes wheterht Im sobre or not has led to frequent, consitant accustaions that becuae Im not typing correctly then i am under the influweence of drugs and alcohol. The thing ai I am also honest to this person if i have been under the influence of not

My question - I know this os a fallacy but Im not 100% sure if its and inductive or deductive fallacy this person is using.

i can safley say, as the LORD GOD of Israel is my witness i have typed this completley sobre and typoed it as i mormally type. Before fixing up grammatical and spelling erros.

Regards

IDF

Edited by IDF, 28 October 2010 - 02:36 PM.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

#2 daysha

daysha

Rho

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

My typing always looks like that too ~ hence, all those EDIT bits after most of my BTDF posts to fix em.
One really has to type as the thoughts come out, and I'm a slow typist coz I've got Occupational Overuse Syndrome - very painful, & keep things brief.
God bless, bro IDF :)
Daysh

#3 Kakashi

Kakashi

Eta

• Christadelphian
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:13 PM

If the form if the argument is:

1. Consistently bad spelling and grammar is always due to drugs and alcohol.
2. You have consistently bad spelling and grammar.
3. So you are on drugs and are drunk.

There's nothing wrong with the structure of the argument, because if 1 and 2 are true, 3 must be true too. But you have the choice of attacking the premises.

For example: why is bad spelling and grammar always due to drugs and alcohol? Otherwise, cite times you've used good spelling and grammar.

This is my interpretation of the argument, at least. Others exist.
The best way to convince another is
to state your case moderately and accurately.
-- Benjamin Franklin

#4 Rebel

Rebel

Rho

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

I personally don't care how many spelling mistakes anybody makes on a forum. There are more important things than that. I do care about the wellbeing of my family in Christ. Keep striving to live healthy, IDF.

1. Consistently bad spelling and grammar is NOT always due to drugs and alcohol.

Edited by Rebel, 29 October 2010 - 12:12 AM.

#5 IDF

IDF

Rho

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:30 AM

Thnaks Daysha - yay , glad Im not the only one, maybe we could start a support group :)

Thanks for your input Kakashi too.

Hey Rebel, I feel you, thanks for your support Sis :)
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users