#1 Jason

Jason

Kappa

• Christadelphian
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any insightful information to offer regarding this topic, whether from a geological perspective or Biblical perspective or anything in between. I'm giving a Bible class on the splitting of the mount this week and am compiling as much info as I can get my hands on. :(

In the meantime, I did have a specific question relating to the topic, namely regarding the fault line that runs north through Israel. Zechariah 14:4 says:

And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

If the fault line is running north, how can the split run east/west with the mountain moving north/south? The opposite should be true (split = north/south move = east/west). Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

Order of the Golden Pedant

• Christadelphian Armoury
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

I've never been very convinced that this has anything to do with the fault line, for the reason you point out.
And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users