20 replies to this topic

#1 Gileade

Gileade

Rho

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

He seems happy about all the killing in Gaza...

Edited by Gileade, 17 January 2009 - 06:08 PM.

Posted Image
Quer saber mais sobre a Bíblia? Clique aqui

#2 Huldah

Huldah

Phi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

I can think of a name for him, but it involves some very distasteful language. :tarkus:
"Dear friends, if our conscience does not condemn us, we have confidence in the presence of God and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do the things that are pleasing to him. Now this is his commandment: that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he gave us the commandment. And the person who keeps his commandments resides in God, and God in him. Now by this we know that God resides in us: by the Spirit he has given us"
1 John 3.21-24

#3 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

Have you all seen this?

Hamas' Christian convert: I've left a society that sanctifies terror

A moment before beginning his supper, Masab, son of West Bank Hamas leader Sheikh Hassan Yousef, glances at the friend who has accompanied him to the restaurant where we met. They whisper a few words and then say grace, thanking God and Jesus for putting food on their plates.

It takes a few seconds to digest this sight: The son of a Hamas MP who is also the most popular figure in that extremist Islamic organization, a young man who assisted his father for years in his political activities, has become a rank-and-file Christian. "I'm now called Joseph," he says at the outset.

http://www.haaretz.c...es/1007097.html
"and will smite every HORSE OF THE PEOPLE with blindness"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_symbolic_meaning_of_a_horse#ixzz1K0LLUt00

#4 Huldah

Huldah

Phi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:37 PM

Here's an interesting youtube video series (in 4 parts)

http://www.youtube.c...U...&playnext=1
"Dear friends, if our conscience does not condemn us, we have confidence in the presence of God and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do the things that are pleasing to him. Now this is his commandment: that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he gave us the commandment. And the person who keeps his commandments resides in God, and God in him. Now by this we know that God resides in us: by the Spirit he has given us"
1 John 3.21-24

#5 Evangelion

Evangelion

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,351 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

Egyptian clerics are not exactly known for their moderation. You only have to look at the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda for the fruits of their ideology.
In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas
Imago
Credo

#6 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

Thats right Ev, the Muslim Brotherhood came close to power in the last elections? Also, I was reading articles a few years ago that said there was some advanced knowledge of 911 in some Egyptian mosques. Coptic Christian suffer terrible persecution in Egypt. I hear their media is also very anti Israel, but do Israelis not go on holiday in northern Egypt?

My brother bought a flat in Cairo around 1999 for £5000 and got in the local arab builder, who promptly decided he would move in and he received a letter from him basically saying as we were Christians and he was a local arab Muslim without a flat, he was entitled to rob it. My brother tried to evict him through the courts but nothing ever came of it.

Edited by Mercia2, 19 March 2009 - 01:20 PM.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_symbolic_meaning_of_a_horse#ixzz1K0LLUt00

#7 Huldah

Huldah

Phi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:37 PM

How appalling.
1 John 3.21-24

#8 Egyptian

Egyptian
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:49 PM

Thats right Ev, the Muslim Brotherhood came close to power in the last elections? Also, I was reading articles a few years ago that said there was some advanced knowledge of 911 in some Egyptian mosques. Coptic Christian suffer terrible persecution in Egypt. I hear their media is also very anti Israel, but do Israelis not go on holiday in northern Egypt?

The Muslim Brotherhood cannot win elections in Egypt, because they are a minority.

Coptic Christians live in their millions in Egypt even after 1300 of Islamic Rule.

Whereas Islamic Populations were wiped out of western Europe and much of Eastern Europe and even recently in Bosnia and Kosovo.

#9 Egyptian

Egyptian
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

Egyptian clerics are not exactly known for their moderation. You only have to look at the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda for the fruits of their ideology.

Please becareful before you place Egyptian Clerics into the same bandwagon of extremists.

Extremists as the Muslim Brotherhood make up a minority in Egypt, though an influential one.

#10 nsr

nsr

Order of the Golden Pedant 2nd Class

• Forum Manager
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

Whereas Islamic Populations were wiped out of western Europe and much of Eastern Europe and even recently in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Really? When did this happen? I'm not aware western Europe ever had a significant Islamic population before the 20th century, except in Spain.
"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect..." (Heb 12:22-23)

#11 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

The Muslim Brotherhood cannot win elections in Egypt, because they are a minority.

Coptic Christians live in their millions in Egypt even after 1300 of Islamic Rule.

Coptic Christians are more persecuted than Palestinians but the only reason no one hears about them is because unlike Palestinians they are not violent and do not revert to terrorism to highlight the plight of their cause.

http://en.wikipedia....cution_of_Copts

http://copts.com/eng...coptic-demands/

Egypt as a nation is a disgrace when it comes to their attitude to Christians and Jews. Generally speaking.

Edited by Mercia2, 21 May 2009 - 08:00 PM.

#12 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

I sense a Islamic victim narrative?
In Bosnia there was a massacre of Muslims *but certainly not wiped out
Kosovo is the way the Serbs pronounce it, the Albanians Kosova.
How can Islamic populations have been wiped out in Kosovo when the Muslim population is something like 90%? Muslims have destroyed dozens of churches in Kosovo and the KLA were terrorists who took over civilian homes to fire on Serb troops making it look on the media like the Serbs were firing on civilian homes to ethnically cleanse them. That was a war in which Clinton openly supported war crimes on behalf of the Iranian funded Jihadists such as bombing and killing 20 journalists at Serb TV in Belgrade because he didnt like what they were saying. He used terror tactics against the citizens of Belgrade on behalf of the Iranian foreign policy agenda of a greater Islamic Albania that make the Israelis look like saints, such as bombing 46 hospitals, 200 schools and colleges, numerous ambulances, several civilian trains, apparantly randomly firing missiles into apartment blocks hundreds of miles north of Kosovo and bombed all the electricity plants in Belgrade in order to terrorize the Christian Serbs into handing over their historically Christian land to Islam, courtesy of the American President Clinton. A sexually immoral adulterer.

Edited by Mercia2, 21 May 2009 - 08:04 PM.

#13 Corky

Corky

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

I can think of a name for him, but it involves some very distasteful language. :corbather:

Might as well say it as to think it, heh heh. Seriously though, Islam is a very scary religion and this man is typical of their speech.

#14 nsr

nsr

• Forum Manager
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

Do you think this man's views are representative of the entire Islamic religion, Corkster?

Edited by nsr, 21 May 2009 - 08:59 PM.

"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect..." (Heb 12:22-23)

#15 Huldah

Huldah

Phi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

nsr/Corky, if he is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, then his views are most certainly not representative of the entire Islamic population. The Muslim Brotherhood are known for a level of extremism to which many mainstream muslims are opposed.

Edited by Huldah, 22 May 2009 - 06:06 PM.

1 John 3.21-24

#16 nsr

nsr

• Forum Manager
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

I know that, I'm trying to see if Corky knows that.

#17 Corky

Corky

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:36 AM

Do you think this man's views are representative of the entire Islamic religion, Corkster?

No, but his views are representative of the Muslim extremists who are numerous and you can't tell which Muslims are extremists and which are not.

#18 nsr

nsr

• Forum Manager
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:37 AM

No, but his views are representative of the Muslim extremists who are numerous and you can't tell which Muslims are extremists and which are not.

You could try asking them :corbather:

What proportion of Muslims do you think are extremists?

#19 Corky

Corky

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:26 AM

You could try asking them :corbather:

What proportion of Muslims do you think are extremists?

I don't know but it only takes a few to fly some airplanes into some tall buildings. It doesn't do much good to "try asking them", they're not going to give away their local terror cell by saying, "Yes, I am a terrorist, I will blow up you and your wife and children on the bus tomorrow".

I never fly on airplanes but if I ever do, I will not be getting on board with Mohammed Akbar and his five companions. I'm just paranoid that way.

You do realize that you must embrace Islam or die according to the Qu'ran don't you? Myself, I live here in "the Great Satan" (the USA) that must be destroyed at all costs - that doesn't sit well with me.

#20 nsr

nsr

• Forum Manager
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

I don't know but it only takes a few to fly some airplanes into some tall buildings. It doesn't do much good to "try asking them", they're not going to give away their local terror cell by saying, "Yes, I am a terrorist, I will blow up you and your wife and children on the bus tomorrow".

How many Muslims have been killed by the US army in the last few years? Or is that different because the US Army are the "good guys"?

I never fly on airplanes but if I ever do, I will not be getting on board with Mohammed Akbar and his five companions. I'm just paranoid that way.

You've more chance of being killed by a fellow American going berserk with a gun, than you have by a Muslim hijacking a plane. It's not exactly a regular occurrence...

You do realize that you must embrace Islam or die according to the Qu'ran don't you? Myself, I live here in "the Great Satan" (the USA) that must be destroyed at all costs - that doesn't sit well with me.

I wasn't aware the Qu'ran said that, though I haven't read all of it. Can you provide a quotation?

#21 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

I wasn't aware the Qu'ran said that, though I haven't read all of it. Can you provide a quotation?

It says contradictory things which seem to be related to Mohammed getting frustrated with getting his apostate message out so resorting to intimidation and violence. The final part of the Quran seems to be worse when Mohammed was going all out for political power. It always strikes me as strange that the Muslim charge against Israel is it was born from violence when their own religion was born from mass murders and attrocities and the advocation of it in order to expand (politically).

Qur'an 4:77 "Have you not seen those to whom it was said: Withhold your hands from fighting, perform the prayer and pay the zakat. But when orders for fighting were issued, a party of them feared men as they ought to have feared Allah. They say: 'Our Lord, why have You ordained fighting for us, why have You made war compulsory?'"

Qur'an 4:89 "They wish that you would reject Faith, as they have, and thus be on the same footing: Do not be friends with them until they leave their homes in Allah's Cause. But [and this is a hell of a but...] if they turn back from Islam, becoming renegades, seize them and kill them wherever you find them."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Qur'an:8:12 "I shall terrorize the infidels. So wound their bodies and incapacitate them because they oppose Allah and His Apostle."

Qur'an:8:57 "If you gain mastery over them in battle, inflict such a defeat as would terrorize them, so that they would learn a lesson and be warned."

Ishaq:326 "If you come upon them, deal so forcibly as to terrify those who would follow, that they may be warned. Make a severe example of them by terrorizing Allah's enemies."

Qur'an:8:67 "It is not fitting for any prophet to have prisoners until he has made a great slaughter in the land."

Qur'an 33:60 "Truly, if the Hypocrites stir up sedition, if the agitators in the City do not desist, We shall urge you to go against them and set you over them. Then they will not be able to stay as your neighbors for any length of time. They shall have a curse on them. Whenever they are found, they shall be seized and slain without mercy - a fierce slaughter - murdered, a horrible murdering."

Qur'an 33:64 "Verily Allah has cursed the Unbelievers [whom he defines as Christians in the 5th surah] and has prepared for them a Blazing Fire to dwell in forever. No protector will they find, nor savior. That Day their faces will be turned upside down in the Fire. They will say: 'Woe to us! We should have obeyed Allah and obeyed the Messenger!' 'Our Lord! Give them double torment and curse them with a very great Curse!'"

Qur'an 59:14 "The Jews are devoid of sense. There is a grievous punishment awaiting them. Satan tells them not to believe so they will end up in Hell."

Edited by Mercia2, 24 May 2009 - 02:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users