Chris

Rho

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

... and, speaking of Hell ...

http://www.abc.net.a.../09/1973675.htm

Okay, those with the last name 'Smith' probably had an ancestor who blacksmithed or something like that. My last name roughly translates into 'son of Matthew' and is traceable to a region north of Germany. As a matter of fact, many people's surnames have some time of ancestoral significance, right?

So, what is the story behind the derivation of the surname 'Hell'? :lol:

#4 Chris

Chris

Rho

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

http://abcnews.go.co...tory?id=3356360

Interesting. I wonder if any of his other beliefs have changed as well.

#5 gabe

gabe

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:42 AM

Pearson has some good ideas there. :lol:

#6 Guest_RND_*

Guest_RND_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:56 PM

The truth is out there....

www.helltruth.com

Edited by RND, 02 February 2008 - 11:57 PM.

#7 R2D2

R2D2

Upsilon

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:03 AM

www.helltruth.com

Welcome to our website RND :luke: Just so you know, we aren't too keen on links being posted by themselves. We would prefer to have some discussion going on about the beliefs contained in the links. If you aren't too sure about what our guidelines are then you might like to check out this link.

So how about if you summarise for us here about what you believe about hell and then we can exchange some thoughts based on Bible teaching? Looking forward to hearing more :o
"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." Heb 4:15

#8 Guest_RND_*

Guest_RND_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:54 PM

www.helltruth.com

Welcome to our website RND :luke: Just so you know, we aren't too keen on links being posted by themselves. We would prefer to have some discussion going on about the beliefs contained in the links. If you aren't too sure about what our guidelines are then you might like to check out this link.

So how about if you summarise for us here about what you believe about hell and then we can exchange some thoughts based on Bible teaching? Looking forward to hearing more :o

Well, I think the web site in question fairly well sums up my beliefs in a nutshell. The notion of an "eternally burning hell" is repugnant to God and an afront to His true character and true nature regarding His creation. It is Satan's attempt to cloud and mask the true desires of God to reconcile with His creation, not to them.

The fact is that all major pagan religions in the world before Jesus Christ believed in some type of "eternally burning hell" whether they be Egyptians, Babylonian or Greek. It is clear from scripture that we are hiden in the grave until the time we are resurrected at the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Job 14:10
But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where [is] he?

Job 14:11
[As] the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:

Job 14:12
So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens [be] no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

Job 14:13
O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!

Job 14:14
If a man die, shall he live [again]? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Job 14:15
Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

Edited by RND, 03 February 2008 - 08:55 PM.

#9 composer

composer

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:04 AM

I would say that apart from your claims about this alleged Satan you appear to believe literally exists, the Christ Adelphians (and those like them) would pretty much agree with you concerning ' Hell '.

Hell = the grave

The wages of sin is death (Rom. 6:23) KJV and NOT literal eternal suffering and torment and torture.

Cheers!

#10 Steven

Steven

Upsilon

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:57 AM

Well, I think the web site in question fairly well sums up my beliefs in a nutshell. The notion of an "eternally burning hell" is repugnant to God and an afront to His true character and true nature regarding His creation. It is Satan's attempt to cloud and mask the true desires of God to reconcile with His creation, not to them.

David. Yes it's a good website, thanks for the link, and also for Bible verses expanding on it. The website is stronger on Sheol/Hades than on Hinnom/Gehenna. For example the fact that "where their worm dieth not" is a quote from the last verse of Isaiah, and refers to Armageddon/Judgement Day, could be emphasized more strongly, since it gives an OT anchor to the seven NT uses of "Gehenna".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users