35 replies to this topic

#1 twoofseven

twoofseven

Pi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:01 PM

I found this very interesting group...calling themselves Remnant Fellowship, who have rejected the trinity and broken away from trinitarian church doctrine to form their own church. After doing some online researching, I found out more about the history of this movement.

There was a very popular Christian weight loss program offering classes and groups in many many Christian churches. Both of the churches I have attended over the past 10 years have had Weigh Down Workshop groups. Then they suddenly just disappeared.

The Weigh Down program was founded by a woman named Gwen Shamblin, who wrote books, made video taped programs and travelled around leading gatherings of Weigh Down attendees. The apparently 6 or so years ago, she came out with some statements about her conviction , on studying the Bible, that the Trinity was not Biblically sound doctrine.

There was an uproar and she was rejected and vilified by the trinitarians, called a heretic on many cult-watch sites. There seems to be an actual church now, based on Biblical Unitarian doctrine. Christian sites are calling it a cult. I couldn't find out much about any other doctrinal beliefs from the website.

Have a look, and let me know what you all think...

Remnant Fellowship
twoofseven

"The power of a man's virtue should not be measured by his special efforts, but by his ordinary doings." Blaise Pascal

#2 mji

mji

Upsilon

• Christadelphian Armoury
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:06 AM

What white teeth they have!

I just requested some more info from them.

:D
...be imitators of God as dearly loved children and live in love...

images

#3 Steven

Steven

Upsilon

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:17 AM

I don't think they'll get far without having grasped that the soul is mortal:

If the only way for someone to go to heaven is to DO the will of God .........  The key to salvation is DOING the will of God, and sneaky Satan and his servants will subtly...

Edited by Steven, 06 October 2005 - 08:17 AM.

#4 twoofseven

twoofseven

Pi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:32 PM

Yes, I noticed the abundance of fancy dress clothes and huge smiles as well. I also noticed that Satan is apparently the StB, and an odd note about the NIV being the translation that they strongly encourage people to use. I did see that they have no paid pastoral staff, but wondered what role exactly that Gwen played in leading the church services...

If you look around the internet a bit, all I seemed to find was horrific "saved from the cult" stories and long diatribes against Shamblin's "cultic" methods of attracting followers to her heretical anti -trinitarian mind controlling cult. I also found lots of articles talking about some child abuse death allegedly linked to her church.

Odd...but then, you can't tell what is true and what is reactionary sensationalism from the mainstream trinitarians.
twoofseven

"The power of a man's virtue should not be measured by his special efforts, but by his ordinary doings." Blaise Pascal

#5 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:43 PM

I sent an email to them asking them exactly what they believed. I also included a statement of what I believe. We'll see if I get a response...
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

#6 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:44 PM

Has anyone received a response?? :book:
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

#7 twoofseven

twoofseven

Pi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:56 PM

Not I.
twoofseven

#8 Adanac

Adanac

Omega

• On Vacation
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:04 PM

Said the fly.
Housework has been a snap since I realized... "Hey! I'm a guy!".

#9 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:44 PM

Said the fly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought that was the response the Little Red Hen got from all her friends....
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

#10 Adanac

Adanac

Omega

• On Vacation
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:51 PM

I think perhaps that you may be right.
Housework has been a snap since I realized... "Hey! I'm a guy!".

#11 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

I got a response from them... First of all, I am going to post my email to them.... Many thanks to Geo. Booker for the ASF... :shades:

Sent Wednesday October 5, 2005

Hello

I notice that you reject the trinity (as do I).  I was wondering what else you believed...

The following are my beliefs:

STATEMENT OF FAITH SNIPPED OUT (SEE REPLY FROM REMNANT FELLOWSHIP)

Regards

Matthew Smith

The reply came from a Donald Fischer.

Received Tuesday October 11, 2005 (formatted as received)... The stuff in blue is the Statement of Faith that I sent them...

Good evening, Matt!

I am excited that God has allowed me this opportunity to write to you on behalf of Remnant Fellowship, its leadership and the countless lives that have been changed as a result of this ministry!

The Remnant Fellowship is a “church of change”—a group of people who takes seriously the words of the Apostle Paul when he said, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17)  You can read all about what we believe on our website at www.remnantfellowship.org.  God has graciously offered this generation a chance at hearing the Truth and putting it into practice.  He has poured out much wisdom and incredible teaching through Gwen Shamblin, whose Weigh Down Workshop ministry has brought hope and healing to thousands of lives.  Changes lives … people who are transformed from hearing the commands of our most gracious and awesome God and then putting them into practice!

1. The Bible: The Bible is the Word of God, directly inspired by Him in all its parts. It is powerful to instruct man in righteousness, and to accomplish God’s purpose in those who believe.

Amen!  As Paul wrote to Timothy, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)  Those who esteem the Word of God will pay careful attention to everything that He says, knowing that God has given us this book as an insight into HIS wants and wishes and commands and desires—so that we can then live to please Him.

2. God: There is only one God, the Father, who created all things. He is the Eternal King, all-wise and all-powerful. He has a definite plan which He will bring to pass by His mighty power. He desires that man might seek Him and be saved.

“… one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.”  (Ephesians 4:5-6)

3. The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is the power of God, the means by which He carries out His will. It is not a distinct “god” or “person”, but is part of the Father Himself.

4. Jesus, the Son of God: God — in accordance with His eternal plan, and in His goodness and kindness and grace — manifested Himself through a Son. Jesus of Nazareth is that unique and holy Son of God, begotten of the virgin Mary by the power of God, without a human father. He is not the second person of a “trinity” of “gods”, and he had no pre-human existence except in the mind and purpose of his Father.

“He was with God in the beginning.  Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.” (John 1:2-3)  Jesus was indeed with God from the beginning.  He is the Son of God—not God Himself—as Jesus testified throughout his entire earthly ministry.  His point in coming to earth was to demonstrate submission to His Father so that all could see what wholehearted devotion looks like.

5. Jesus, the Man: Although he was the Son of God, Jesus was also truly and altogether a man; he shared our mortal nature, with all its sorrows and griefs.

He was tempted by Satan for 40 days in the desert.  He cried.  He was tested and beaten and mocked … truly human, and yet He remained devoted to loving His Father and obeying only the will of God Almighty.

6. Sin and Death: The first man was Adam, who disobeyed God and was condemned by Him. Adam was responsible for bringing sin and death into the world.

7. The “Soul”: There is no consciousness or other existence in death. The “soul” simply means the body, mind, or life; it is not immortal. Souls die.

“And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, where 'their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.' Everyone will be salted with fire.”  (Mark 9:47-49)  This and other passages indicate that there is eternal condemnation in store for those who do not obey God wholeheartedly.  The soul will live on to either spend eternity in the Kingdom of God or in eternal fire and unspeakable, unending agony. 

8. “Hell”: “Hell” means the grave, or absolute destruction. There is no eternal torture for the wicked. The wages of sin is death.

Spiritual death is eternal separation from the presence of God Almighty.  There can be no greater form of torture.

9. The Sacrifice of Christ: Although he was of our weak and sinful nature, Jesus was enabled, through faith in and love for his Father, to overcome all temptation and to live a righteous and sinless life. His crucifixion — accomplished by wicked men but according to God’s plan — was the means by which he was saved, and by which those who believe in him may be saved, from sin and death. God was working in the sacrifice of His Son to express His love and grace and forbearance toward all men — not His wrath against them.

“This is what he showed me: The Lord was standing by a wall that had been built true to plumb, with a plumb line in his hand.  And the Lord asked me, “What do you see, Amos?”  “A plumb line,” I replied.  Then the Lord said, “Look, I am setting a plumb line among my people Israel; I will spare them no longer.  The high places of Isaac will be destroyed and the sanctuaries of Israel will be ruined; with my sword I will rise against the house of Jeroboam.””  (Amos 7:7-9)  God set a plumb line amongst His people when He sent His Son to demonstrate the life and the heart for which He was searching.  There is no sacrifice for sins left.  God will expend His wrath against the wicked who rebel against His Spirit.

10. The Resurrection of Christ: Because of his perfect righteousness, it was not possible for Jesus to be held by death. God raised him from the dead and glorified him. Later Jesus ascended to heaven.

11. The Mediatorship of Christ: Being exalted to God’s right hand in heaven, Jesus is the only priest and mediator between God and men.

12. The Second Coming of Christ: Christ will remain in heaven until the time for restoring all things, including the kingdom to Israel. Then he will return to the earth in glory — personally and visibly — to fulfill the hope of all true believers.

13. Resurrection: After his return, Jesus will raise many of the dead, the faithful and the unfaithful. He will also send forth his angels to gather them together with the living to the great judgment.

All will stand before the Judgment Seat to be accountable for the life lived while in the body.  “Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it.  Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.  And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.  Another book was opened, which is the book of life.  The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.  The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.” (Revelation 20:11-13

14. Judgment and Reward: The unfaithful will be punished with a second, eternal death. The faithful will be rewarded, by God’s grace, with everlasting life on the earth, receiving glorified and immortal bodies.

“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.”  (Revelation 21:1-2)

15. The Promises to Abraham: The promises made to Abraham, confirmed to Isaac and Jacob, and fulfilled in Jesus Christ, require a literal inheritance in the earth for Christ and all the faithful, who are the spiritual “seed of Abraham”. The righteous do not go to heaven at death.

16. The Promises to David: The promises made to David, and fulfilled in Jesus Christ, require Jesus to sit on David’s throne and rule over God’s Kingdom, which is the kingdom of Israel restored. Jerusalem will be the capital of this kingdom.

17. The Kingdom of God: Jesus will be assisted by his immortal brothers and sisters in ruling over the mortal peoples in the Kingdom of God. This kingdom will result in everlasting righteousness, happiness, and peace. Finally all sin and death will be removed, and the earth will at last be filled with the glory of God. The earth will not be literally burned up or destroyed.

Please read Revelation, especially chapter 21.  “He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’”  (21:5)  The preceding chapters describe the fate that does await this present earth—plagues of fire and hail and destruction.  The current earth will pass away, because God intends to replace it with a new heaven and a new earth unmarred by the sinfulness of man.

18. The “Devil”: The “devil” is another name for sin in human nature; it is not a separate supernatural being or fallen angel. Christ overcame this “devil” in himself by defeating the tendencies to sin in his own nature. Therefore he can provide us with a covering for our sins.

“He [Jesus] replied, ‘I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.’”  (Luke 10:18)

19. “Satan” and “Demons”: “Satan” is a Hebrew word which means an adversary; it is used about people and circumstances which oppose God’s will. “Devils” (Greek “demons”) are not agents of any supernatural “devil” or “god” of evil. In New Testament times, people who had mental illnesses or disorders were referred to as having “demons”.

20. Justification by Faith: Man can obtain justification, or righteousness, only by the grace and mercy of God, through faith in Christ. Man cannot save himself by his own works alone, no matter how good or numerous.

Our good works are not our salvation.  Instead, they are the expected response of hearts that are grateful for the mercy of God Almighty. “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.  It teaches us to say ‘No’ to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.” (Titus 2:11-14)

21. Baptism: There is only one true gospel, which cannot be altered. Belief of this gospel, true repentance, and baptism (total immersion in water) are essential for salvation. In baptism we turn to God, our sins are forgiven, we become heirs of the promises to Abraham and his spiritual “seed”, we identify with Christ in his life and death, and we are born again in him. The sprinkling of babies is not true Scriptural baptism.

22. The One Body: Those who believe the gospel and are baptized into Christ become “brethren in Christ”, without regard to nationality. They also become a part of the “one body”, with Christ as their head. God calls them His children, and they become partakers of His grace and love.

“Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.  There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were call—one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.”  (Ephesians 4:3-6)

23. The Breaking of Bread: The breaking of bread and drinking of wine, in remembrance of Jesus, was instituted by him for his true followers. It is a means of affirming their status as members of the “one body” of Christ. It is a commandment to be obeyed whenever possible.

24. The Jews: The Jews are God’s chosen people. Though scattered because of disobedience, they will be purified (after repentance and faith), regathered, and made ready for the coming of the Messiah.

The Jews were the chosen people of God, naturally descended from the line of Abraham, rescued from slavery in Egypt, and the line from which Jesus of Nazareth was descended.  However, the Jews did not accept the ministry or the teachings of Jesus Christ.  They missed the opportunity to be set free from legalism and able to love God wholeheartedly.  They shunned him in the temple, so He took his message to the Gentiles.  Now all men—Jews and Gentiles alike—have the same opportunity at the grace of God offered in the life and death of His Son, Jesus Christ.  Remember Romans 11:  “Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God:  sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness.  Otherwise, you also will be cut off.  And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.  After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive, tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!” (vv. 22-24)

25. The Commandments of Christ: All those who believe these teachings should strive also to live godly, Christ-like lives. This involves the keeping of Christ’s commandments, and separateness from the affairs of this world, including its politics and police and military service. The commandments of Christ, including those of his apostles, are therefore an important part of any Statement of Faith.

“I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people—not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.” (1 Corinthians 5:9-11)  We are called to be lights on a hill, not lamps hidden under a bushel.  We are to shine our lights for the glory of God, showing all the world around us the joy and blessing of serving God Almighty with every word, thought and deed!

That is the goal of every member of Remnant Fellowship:  to imitate the heart and life of our Savior, Jesus Christ—keeping God’s commands, implementing the teachings of Christ, and taking to heart every word penned by all the prophets and the apostles. I hope you will visit our website and read the incredible instruction that God has poured through Gwen Shamblin.  You will learn everything about what Remnant Fellowship teaches, and you will see pictures of changed lives, restored families, joyous faces and happy hearts that are completely devoted to ONE God, ONE King, and to His Son Jesus Christ. 

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.  I pray God will make clear to you the teachings from His Word.  Fellowship with like-minded believers is essential to walking the narrow road of righteousness.  Remnant Fellowship members are daily sharpening one another toward higher levels of purity and devotion to the Sovereign God of the universe!  I look forward to hearing from you!

God bless!

Don Fischer

Remnant Fellowship—Nashville, TN

Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

#12 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • 34,244 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:39 PM

That's a pretty good start. :confused:
Miserere mei Deus,
Secundum magnam misericordiam tuam.
Et secundum multitudinem miserationum tuarum
dele iniquitatem meam.

Wesley answered “Thank you, sir. Your letter was superfluous, however, as I already knew the Lord has no need for my ‘book-learning,’ as you put it. However—although the Lord has not directed me to say so—on my own responsibility I would like to say to you that the Lord does not need your ignorance, either.”

Osborne & Woodward, ‘Handbook for Bible study’, pp. 13-14 (1979)

#13 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:41 PM

Their beliefs, as far as I can tell, are:

1. The Bible is the word of God
2. There is one God, the Father
3. Jesus is the pre-existant son of God
4. Man has an immortal soul
5. The reward of the evil is eternal punishment in hell
6. The reward of the good will be (ultimately) a literal new heaven and earth
7. All are raised and judged at the Judgement Seat
8. The devil is a real supernatural being
9. The Jews are rejected and as a nation have no place in God's plan. They can only be saved by conversion to Christ
10. We need to live a life worth of the name of Christ, and expected response to God's mercy
11. There is one body of Christ
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

#14 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • 34,244 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:47 PM

I reckon we could cause them to think twice about a few of those, without too much hassle. :confused:
Miserere mei Deus,
Secundum magnam misericordiam tuam.
Et secundum multitudinem miserationum tuarum
dele iniquitatem meam.

Wesley answered “Thank you, sir. Your letter was superfluous, however, as I already knew the Lord has no need for my ‘book-learning,’ as you put it. However—although the Lord has not directed me to say so—on my own responsibility I would like to say to you that the Lord does not need your ignorance, either.”

Osborne & Woodward, ‘Handbook for Bible study’, pp. 13-14 (1979)

#15 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:21 PM

I reckon we could cause them to think twice about a few of those, without too much hassle.  :please:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True enough. A reply with some detailed study could do the trick... :confused:
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

#16 twoofseven

twoofseven

Pi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:39 PM

Yes, I could be off the mark here, but it seems to me that someone who has studied the Bible seriously enough to realize that the trinity is not Biblical could be open to reasoned arguments from scripture showing that some of the other beliefs are also holdovers from tradition and not Biblical.

I do have a little concern about the way they talk about Gwen Shamblin herself though...seems a little revelatory, or is it just me?
twoofseven

#17 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:56 PM

Yes, I could be off the mark here, but it seems to me that someone who has studied the Bible seriously enough to realize that the trinity is not Biblical could be open to reasoned arguments from scripture showing that some of the other beliefs are also holdovers from tradition and not Biblical.

I do have a little concern about the way they talk about Gwen Shamblin herself though...seems a little revelatory, or is it just me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The new EG White...
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

#18 mji

mji

Upsilon

• Christadelphian Armoury
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:12 PM

I just got an email from Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah :bye:

She cannot wait to talk to me! She's given me her telephone number and says

I'll be looking forward to your call!!  :doh:

I can't stop myself wondering if she has pure, white teeth.

Edited by mji, 15 November 2005 - 07:12 PM.

...be imitators of God as dearly loved children and live in love...

images

#19 Evangelion

Evangelion

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • 22,352 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:15 PM

Got her phone number already? :bye:

Smooth work, mji! :doh:
In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas
Imago
Credo

#20 Amy Parkin

Amy Parkin

Tau

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:45 PM

Oooh this is all very cool!
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make straight your paths."

--Proverbs 3:5-6

#21 CaptainCutshaw

CaptainCutshaw

Sigma

• On Vacation
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:18 PM

The lack of ties, dresses, and organs is a bit of a worry.

Can you clarify that when you talk to Lissie please MJ?

#22 Evangelion

Evangelion

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • 22,352 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:24 AM

Don't worry CC, I'm sure that all the people attending have organs. :doh:

There's probably some sort of internal inspection at the door. :bye:
Imago
Credo

#23 Natajack

Natajack

Rho

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:37 PM

Why is lack of ties a worry?

Crime: reluctance to comply with Victorian/Edwardian fashion trends?
Question: should we wear what the Georgians wore instead, or the Stuarts perhaps?
Romans 13v11-12
And this, knowing the time, that it is time to be waking ourselves from sleep, because now our salvation is closer to us than when we believed. The night has advanced, and the day approaches..

#24 Evangelion

Evangelion

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • 22,352 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:05 PM

Question: should we wear what the Georgians wore instead, or the Stuarts perhaps?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's being facetious. :bye:
Imago
Credo

#25 CaptainCutshaw

CaptainCutshaw

Sigma

• On Vacation
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:14 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you really think it's a coincidence that ties came into vogue at a high point of religious and moral life in Britain?

By contrast, the Stuarts were a wayward, lusty, and indolent lot.

#26 Natajack

Natajack

Rho

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:58 PM

Probably no coincidence, but I doubt there's ANY sort of correlatory link between the wearing of ties and the morality of society.

Forget the Stuarts then.. no complaints from me! I'd rather investigate the link between dress code and moral fortitude - should we start another thread!?
Romans 13v11-12
And this, knowing the time, that it is time to be waking ourselves from sleep, because now our salvation is closer to us than when we believed. The night has advanced, and the day approaches..

#27 CaptainCutshaw

CaptainCutshaw

Sigma

• On Vacation
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:03 PM

By all means start another thread. It's a very important topic.

#28 Kremlin

Kremlin

Sigma

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:22 PM

Probably no coincidence, but I doubt there's ANY sort of correlatory link between the wearing of ties and the morality of society.

There might be, but remember correlation does not imply causation. :bye:

#29 CaptainCutshaw

CaptainCutshaw

Sigma

• On Vacation
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:26 PM

The correlation is so strong that a causal link becomes likely. Whether it is proper clothing causing moral fortitude, or the reverse, I could not say.

But I will demonstrate the strength of the connection on the new thread, when I have time.

#30 Kremlin

Kremlin

Sigma

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:39 PM

It sounds like a very strong thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users