#1 cgaviria

cgaviria

Gamma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

To repent,

and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near." (Matthew 3:2 [NIV])
lest of my having come again, my God should humble me as to you, and I should mourn over many of those having before sinned and not having repented of the impurity, and sexual immorality, and sensuality that they have practiced.
(2 Corinthians 12:21 [BLB])

Means to stop sinning, hence,

And she said, No one, O Lord. And Jesus said to her, Nor I condemn you; go and from now sin no more! (John 8:11 [ABP])
Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you." (John 5:14 [NIV])

Which means to stop committing the actions that the Law of Moses reveals as sin,

For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. (James 2:11 [ESV])
For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. (Romans 3:20 [ESV])
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
 (Hebrews 10:26-27 [KJV])
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17 [NIV])
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:19 [NIV])

Which relates to why Abram was told to walk blameless before he received the sign of old covenant,

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. (Genesis 17:1 [NIV])

Which was the circumcision of the flesh,

This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. (Genesis 17:10 [ESV])

Because just as with Abram, before the sign of the new covenant is received, it is necessary to walk blameless, which also means to "stop sinning", or "repent"to then receive the circumcision of the heart,

In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, (Colossians 2:11 [ESV])

In which case, the circumcision of the heart happens instantly by the baptism of the holy spirit, hence,

No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person's praise is not from other people, but from God. (Romans 2:29 [NIV])

Because as an example where Saul was instantly changed into another man when the holy spirit entered inside him,

And spirit of the LORD shall spring upon you, and you shall prophesy with them, and you shall turn into another man. (1 Samuel 10:6 [ABP])

Not only does the baptism of the holy spirit change a man instantly, but he also removes the "foreskin of the heart",

Circumcise yourselves to the LORD; remove the foreskin of your hearts, O men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem; lest my wrath go forth like fire, and burn with none to quench it, because of the evil of your deeds.” (Jeremiah 4:4 [ESV])

Which is a fulfillment of this prophecy in Ezekiel,

And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26 [ESV])

Because as opposed to the old covenant, which was based on the blood of animals, which were never able to perfect a man,

This was a symbol for the time then present, when gifts and sacrifices were offered that could not perfect the conscience of the worshiper. (Hebrews 9:9 [NETBIBLE])
For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and of he-goats to remove sins. (Hebrews 10:4 [ABP])

The new covenant, which is based on the blood of Jesus Christ, perfects a man,

For by one offering he has perfected in perpetuity the ones having been sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 [ABP])
Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:34-36 [NIV])
Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. (Philippians 3:15 [KJV])
and congregation of the firstborn, who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous, who have been made perfect, (Hebrews 12:23 [NETBIBLE])
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: (Colossians 1:28 [KJV])
Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. (Colossians 4:12 [KJV])
But strong food belongs to those that are perfect, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. (Hebrews 5:14 [JB2000])
And let endurance have its perfect work, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:4 [BLB])

Which is why Jesus Christ said, "be perfect",

You shall be then yourselves perfect, as your father, the one in the heavens is perfect. (Matthew 5:48 [ABP])

In which case, the "foreskin of the heart", which is also called the "heart of stone" referenced in Ezekiel, is the "flesh nature" Paul describes as,

We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. (Romans 7:14-15 [NIV])

Which is a heart that has evil desires,

But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead. (Romans 7:23 [ESV])

Which is the cause of sin, since this "flesh nature" is what all are sold into from conception,

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. (Psalm 51:5 [ESV])

Which is why all have sinned, since all have been conceived into this nature,

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23 [NIV])
If we should say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8 [BLB])

Yet when the holy spirit enters inside the body, which is called the "baptism of the holy spirit",

"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. (Matthew 3:11 [NIV])

Or being "born of spirit",

Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. (John 3:5 [NIV])

Or being "born from above",

Don't be astonished that I told you, 'All of you must be born from above.' The wind blows where it wants to. You hear its sound, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going. That's the way it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:7-8 [ISV])

Or being "born of God", or being "born again", which are all phrases that mean receiving the holy spirit, he removes this "flesh nature", which is the foreskin of the heart, in which case a man then becomes freed from sin, since all evil desires have been removed,

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. (Romans 6:18 [NIV])
For the law of the spirit of the life in Christ Jesus freed me from the law of the sin and of death. (Romans 8:2 [ABP])

In which case, the holy spirit given previously in the times of the old covenant did not free from sin, hence why he is now called a "new spirit" in Ezekiel, because a man then stops walking in the flesh nature he was conceived in, and begins walking in the spirit he just receivedfreed from sin,

In nothing then is there now condemnation to the ones in Christ Jesus, not walking according to flesh, but according to spirit. (Romans 8:1 [ABP])
But you are not in flesh, but in spirit, if indeed spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, this one is not of him. (Romans 8:9 [ABP])

Which as opposed to a man trying to obey the Law of Moses himself, which all have already broken and are cursed by,

For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.” (Galatians 3:10 [ESV])

And that he himself cannot subject himself to since he still has an uncircumcised heart having evil desires,

because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. (Romans 8:7-9 [NASB])

The holy spirit that a man receives then "causes" him to obey the Law of Moses,

And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. (Ezekiel 36:27 [ESV])

Which is the righteousness received from God,

But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— (Romans 3:21 [ESV])
For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. (Romans 10:3 [ESV])
in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:4 [NIV])
For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a young cow sprinkled on those who are defiled consecrated them and provided ritual purity, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our consciences from dead works to worship the living God.  (Hebrews 9:13-14 [NETBIBLE])
Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. (Romans 3:31 [NIV])

And also the sanctification of the holy spirit,

according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you. (1 Peter 1:2 [ESV])
But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. (2 Thessalonians 2:13 [ESV])

And it then becomes impossible to ever sin again, hence,

We know that every one being engendered of  God does not sin; but the one engendered of  God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. (I John 5:18 [ABP])
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. (1 John 5:4 [NIV])

Which is all a fulfillment of this prophecy in Daniel,

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Daniel 9:24 [KJV])

Because the purpose of the first coming of Jesus Christ was not only to atone for sin, but also to end it,

And she shall bear a son, and you shall call  his name Jesus, for he shall deliver his people from their sins. (Matthew 1:21 [ABP])

As such, whoever still sins has not truly received the holy spirit,

No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. (1 John 3:6 [NASB])

In which case, whoever receives the holy spirit is not only freed from sin, but a manifestation of power always happens whenever he enters the body,

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance. (Acts 2:4 [ESV])
When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied. (Acts 19:6 [NIV])
so he sent men to capture him. But when they saw a group of prophets prophesying, with Samuel standing there as their leader, the Spirit of God came on Saul’s men, and they also prophesied. Saul was told about it, and he sent more men, and they prophesied too. Saul sent men a third time, and they also prophesied. (1 Samuel 19:20-21 [NIV])
When he and his servant arrived at Gibeah, a procession of prophets met him; the Spirit of God came powerfully upon him, and he joined in their prophesying. (1 Samuel 10:10 [NIV])

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users