#1 cgaviria

cgaviria

Epsilon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

When God brought the woman he had just formed to Adam,

So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adam no suitable helper was found. (Genesis 2:20 [NIV])
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. (Genesis 2:22 [NIV])

He then became married to his wife, hence,

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one fleshAdam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame. (Genesis 2:24-25 [NIV])

And God blessed them,

God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground." (Genesis 1:28 [NIV])

In which case, the intention of God in joining them together in marriage was not just so that the woman could help Adam rule over the earth,

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. (Genesis 1:26-27 [NASB])
The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." (Genesis 2:18 [NIV])

But to have children, hence,

Did he not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union? And what was the one God seeking? Godly offspring. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and let none of you be faithless to the wife of your youth. (Malachi 2:15 [ESV])

In which case, the blessing of "be fruitful and multiply" relates to why children are a reward from God,

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. (Psalm 127:3 [ESV])

Because in fulfilling the intention of marriage to be fruitful, which is done through sexual relations between a husband and his wife,

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived... (Genesis 4:1 [KJV])

God is then the one who yields offspring as a "reward", since he is the one that opens or closes the womb,

...and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
. (Genesis 4:1 [KJV])
Shall I bring to the point of birth and not cause to bring forth?” says the LORD; “shall I, who cause to bring forth, shut the womb?” says your God. (Isaiah 66:9 [ESV])

As such, in spite of whether God gives offspring or not, even if the wife is infertile or beyond her years to conceive, the intention of a married couple to have children is demonstrated by the husband always ejaculating inside his wife, which is why Onan sinned when he ejaculated outside his sister-in-law,

And Onan knowing that the seed will not be his -- that it came to pass whenever he entered to  his brother's wife, he discharged upon the ground, to not give seed to his brother...(Genesis 38:9-10 [ABP])

Because even though he was at liberty to not perform his Levirate duty all along,

However, if a man does not want to marry his brother's wife, she shall go to the elders at the town gate and say, "My husband's brother refuses to carry on his brother's name in Israel. He will not fulfill the duty of a brother-in-law to me." (Deuteronomy 25:7 [NIV])

And the Law of Moses does not declare that a brother-in-law is worthy of death for not performing his Levirate duty,

Then the elders of his town shall summon him and talk to him. If he persists in saying, "I do not want to marry her," his brother's widow shall go up to him in the presence of the elders, take off one of his sandals, spit in his face and say, "This is what is done to the man who will not build up his brother's family line." That man's line shall be known in Israel as The Family of the Unsandaled. (Deuteronomy 25:8-10 [NIV])

Onan still had sexual relations with his sister-in-law, but prevented conception when he did, in which case his actions then became wicked and worthy of death,

...And it appeared wicked before God that he did this; and he put to death also this one. (Genesis 38:9-10 [ABP])

Because all sexual relations must be done with a husband ejaculating inside his wife for the intention to have children. This relates with keeping the marriage bed undefiled,

Marriage should be honored by all and the marriage bed kept undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterers. (Hebrews 13:4 [BSB])

Because all forms of contraception, masturbation, anal sex, oral sex, and any sexual relations without the intention of having offspring are all forms of sexual immorality that are wicked before God.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users