Photo
- - - - -

John 6:70 - Part III

Posted by Chokmah , 20 August 2006 · 3,784 views

Alright, I hope that everyone agrees with this definition of "devil": A person whose actions or behavior actions is evil.
Yes, this is not the Strong's Dictionary Greek definition. Here's Strong's Dictionary definition for the Greek word devil:

διάβολος
diabolos
dee-ab'-ol-os
From G1225; a traducer; specifically Satan (compare [H7854]): - false accuser, devil, slanderer.

It is very odd to see Strong's to define the meaning of the word 'devil' as 'devil'. If one analyzes the definition or the 'actions' of the words traducer, false accuser, slanderer, these words demonstrates 'evil' actions or behaviors of a person. Therefore, the definiton of devil as "a person whose actions or behavior is evil" is correct.

In a previous blog, I asked the question what was Yeshua intention to hire Judas Iscariot as his disciple. He knew the type of person Judas Iscariot was. He told Judas Iscariot in public that one of them was the 'evil' disciple. Therefore, why did Yeshua need Judas Iscariot as a disciple?

You probably will tell me to fulfill prophecy. Good answer, you probably thinking of this verse:

John 13:18 I do not speak concerning all of you; I know whom I chose out; but that the Scripture might be fulfilled, "The one eating the bread with Me lifted up his heel against Me." (LITV)

Many Bible commentators such as Barnes, Clarke and Matthew Henry will make a link back to this Psalm:

Psalm 41:9 Even a man desiring my welfare, I trusted in him, eating of my bread; this one has lifted up his heel against me. (LITV)

Alright, your conclusion of fulfillment of Scripture's prophecy is correct. But this open up a new can of worms. It does not explain why did G-d want a person who was close as a friend or disciple of His Son to betray His Son("the one eating the bread with Me lifted up his heel against Me.")?

I will finish this blog on John 6:70 with this puzzle for you to ponder on: why did G-d want a person who was close as a friend or disciple of His Son to betray His Son?

[1] The Bible definition of the "devil", Is he is a evil spirit.

[2]A person who is acting in an evil way could be inspired by the devil.

[3] The devil entered into Judus to betray Jesus.
Lk 22: 3. Jn 13: 23, & 27.
Please note, It wasn't Judus's own evil heart.

[4]The devil cannot be an evil person or a persons evil way, Because Jesus said some people had a Spirit of infirnity or deafness, And so on. How can a person jump inside another person and give them an infirmity??.

[5]God didn't want a close friend of Jesus to betray Jesus, He just knew it would happen. Matt 26: 20--21.

February 2018

S M T W T F S
18192021 22 2324

Recent Entries

Recent Comments