6 replies to this topic

#1 Deborah

Deborah

Tau

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:12 AM

Have any brothers out there ever given a talk about the ant (Prov. 6:6)?
"Though we can't always see it at the time, if we look upon events with some perspective, we see things always happen for our best interests. We are always being guided in a way better than we know ourselves.".

"The Bible is like a prisoner of war -- if you torture it long enough you can get it to say anything"

#2 Richie

Richie

Chi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

True story. I was once down to do a talk entitled "Go to the ant thou sluggard" but... um... never got around to doing it. :colter:
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett.

#3 Ackee-n-Saltfish

Ackee-n-Saltfish

Xi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:21 PM

Did one on butterflies that may have referred to other bugs. I recall saying something at some point about the selflessness of ants :colter:

What prompted your query?

#4 Deborah

Deborah

Tau

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

Well, Solomon tells us to consider the ant so I looked up info online about ant behavior. It's all very interesting and I was wondering whether a brother ever made a talk out of this little creature (and it's spiritual significance). Did anybody know that the ant doesn't have lungs? :colter:
"Though we can't always see it at the time, if we look upon events with some perspective, we see things always happen for our best interests. We are always being guided in a way better than we know ourselves.".

"The Bible is like a prisoner of war -- if you torture it long enough you can get it to say anything"

#5 Deborah

Deborah

Tau

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:10 PM

True story. I was once down to do a talk entitled "Go to the ant thou sluggard" but... um... never got around to doing it. :colter:

:lectron:

#6 DonalGraeme

DonalGraeme

Pi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:17 PM

Well, this is more a commentary than an exhortation, but it does cover what you're asking.
I am a Christadelphian. Click here to see my confession of faith.

Prov 18:13 - "He who answers before listening - that is his folly and shame."
Jas 1:19-20 - "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for manís anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."

#7 Deborah

Deborah

Tau

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

Ah, thanks for this. :colter:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users