#1 LioneDea

LioneDea

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

Lione D' ea: James 1:13 Read:

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Lione D' ea: Speaking of tempted, Is God of the Bible was tempted or not?

Disclaimer: We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. (Luke 17:10)

#2 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

No God is not tempted. On the other hand, Jesus was tempted:

Hebrews 4:14-15 - Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

#3 nsr

nsr

Order of the Golden Pedant 2nd Class

• Forum Manager
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

This is as crystal clear and simple as can be. Jesus is not God.
"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect..." (Heb 12:22-23)

#4 LioneDea

LioneDea

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hebrews 4:14-15 - Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Lione D' ea: Speaking of temptation let us read in Numbers 14:20-23 saying:

And the LORD said, I have pardoned according to thy word:

21But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.

22Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;

Lione D' ea: According to the passages above the Lord was tempted ten times in wilderness, does that mean He was sin ten(10) times and not God?

Disclaimer: We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. (Luke 17:10)

#5 LioneDea

LioneDea

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

Lione D' ea: In the context of Matthew 4, Is Jesus Christ was tempted by the temptation of satan or not?

#6 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

21But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.

22Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;

Lione D' ea: According to the passages above the Lord was tempted ten times in wilderness, does that mean He was sin ten(10) times and not God?

This is not the same word as being tempted to sin, this word means to test (ie. to test someone's patience, or endurance).

And again, being tempted to sin is not the same as sinning.
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

#7 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Lione D' ea: In the context of Matthew 4, Is Jesus Christ was tempted by the temptation of satan or not?

Yes, he was.
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

#8 LioneDea

LioneDea

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

This is not the same word as being tempted to sin, this word means to test (ie. to test someone's patience, or endurance).

And again, being tempted to sin is not the same as sinning.

Lione D' ea: But for yours the word temptation cannot be attribute to God because in your previous posted at (July 12 2012 - 05:24 AM): No God is not tempted. On the other hand, Jesus was tempted. So the temptation means for you is of sin...that's why Jesus Christ for you is a man and not God because He was tempted to sin therefore according in the passage of Numbers 14:20-22 the Lord was tempted ten(10) times there, 1.) so what kind of temptation in Numbers 14:20-22 referred there to say not the same, 2.) can you testify in the Bible Jesus Christ was sin because of the temptation?

#9 LioneDea

LioneDea

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Yes, he was.

Lione D' ea: Then I'll read the verse:

Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

11Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Lione D' ea: Where in this passages you said He was tempted by the temptation of satan?

#10 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Yes, he was.

Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Lione D' ea: Where in this passages you said He was tempted by the temptation of satan?

You underlined it for me...

See also Mark 1:13....
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

#11 LioneDea

LioneDea

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yes, he was.

You underlined it for me...

See also Mark 1:13....

Lione D' ea: Mark 1:13 it say's:

and he was in the desert forty days, being tempted by Satan. He was with the wild animals, and angels attended him. (New International Version 1984)

Lione D' ea: The cited did not tell you Jesus Christ was tempted here...because if He was tempted there satan will not tempted Him again, and He would make a bread to eat, but that is not what it happens, to testify my statement Jesus Christ did not tempted when satan try Him to make a bread to eat in Luke 4:1-2 Read:

And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

Lione D' ea: That is a very clear statement that Jesus Christ wasn't tempted in that particular event because satan is trying to tempting Him. So how can you prove to me He was sin because of tempting?

#12 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Lione, the Scripture is very clear that Jesus was tempted. Matthew 4:1 "tempted of the devil"; Mark 1:13 "tempted by Satan"; Luke 4:2 "tempted of the devil"; Hebrews 4:15 "was in all points tempted like as we are". It is because of your human reasoning that you reject the Scriptures.

Did Jesus sin? Emphatically, NO. Was Jesus capable of sinning? Yes. Was Jesus tempted like us? Yes.
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

#13 LioneDea

LioneDea

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Lione, the Scripture is very clear that Jesus was tempted. Matthew 4:1 "tempted of the devil"; Mark 1:13 "tempted by Satan"; Luke 4:2 "tempted of the devil"; Hebrews 4:15 "was in all points tempted like as we are". It is because of your human reasoning that you reject the Scriptures.

Did Jesus sin? Emphatically, NO. Was Jesus capable of sinning? Yes. Was Jesus tempted like us? Yes.

Lione D' ea: Did Jesus Christ was tempted to make a bread to eat which satan tempting Him...yes or no?, 2.)Where can we read in New Testament Jesus Christ was sin?

#14 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

Lione D' ea: Did Jesus Christ was tempted to make a bread to eat which satan tempting Him...yes or no?,

I am assuming you are asking: "Did satan tempt Jesus to make bread from stones?" The answer would be YES.

2.)Where can we read in New Testament Jesus Christ was sin?

2 Corinthians 5:18-21 - And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

#15 LioneDea

LioneDea

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Lione D' ea: Did Jesus Christ was tempted to make a bread to eat which satan tempting Him...yes or no?,

I am assuming you are asking: "Did satan tempt Jesus to make bread from stones?" The answer would be YES.

2 Corinthians 5:18-21 - And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Lione D' ea: 1.)I didn't ask you the word tempt, because you said that is why Jesus Christ is not God because He was tempted not tempt, now how you said Jesus Christ was tempted, did Jesus Christ was tempted to make a bread to eat which satan tempting Him...yes or no what is your answer?

2.) The passage did not said: he hath made him to be sin for us, it says:

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;

Lione D' ea: According in the passage no sin found in Him, as Jesus Christ said to you:

Which of you convinceth me of sin?

Lione D' ea: Was Jesus Christ tempted to made bread or not?

#16 Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Upsilon

• Forum Manager
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Lione D' ea: 1.)I didn't ask you the word tempt, because you said that is why Jesus Christ is not God because He was tempted not tempt, now how you said Jesus Christ was tempted, did Jesus Christ was tempted to make a bread to eat which satan tempting Him...yes or no what is your answer?

2.) The passage did not said: he hath made him to be sin for us, it says:

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;

Lione D' ea: According in the passage no sin found in Him, as Jesus Christ said to you:

Which of you convinceth me of sin?

Lione D' ea: Was Jesus Christ tempted to made bread or not?

Yes, Jesus was tempted to make bread, and he was tempted in all points like as we are. Being temped does NOT mean that he sinned. It means he was tempted.
Matt Smith
Arizona Christadelphians

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users