Trying to connect to Christadelphians!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gazing@Stars

Gazing@Stars
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Hi, I am new to this sight. I have an interest in Christadelphians and I am hoping to connect. I am doubtful there are any in my area but I sure would love to find some. I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming. The largest city nearby where there could possibly be Christadelphians might be Denver, Colorado. In my studies for ordination (in non-denominational, evangelical), my studies caused me to doubt many things about the churches I have been involved with for years, most notably the trinity. Does anyone know if there are members of the faith anywhere near me and can connect me. Thanks!
  • firstthings1st likes this

#2 nsr

nsr

Order of the Golden Pedant 2nd Class

• Forum Manager
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

This might help:
http://www.christade...org/ustates.htm
http://www.christade...ustates_map.htm
"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect..." (Heb 12:22-23)

#3 Gazing@Stars

Gazing@Stars
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

Thank you very much. I do see that there is an ecclesia in Denver, CO which is commutable from where I live. Do you happen to know anything about ecclesia, or anyone from that ecclesia? Wondering how welcoming they are.

#4 nsr

nsr

Order of the Golden Pedant 2nd Class

• Forum Manager
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

I live in England so I don't know anyone there unfortunately. Are the contact details on this page any help? http://www.christade...ecclesialist?CO
"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect..." (Heb 12:22-23)

#5 Kay

Kay

Phi

• Admin
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Hi Gazing@Stars

I know of someone I am fairly certain who used to attend the Denver Colorado meeting (though they have moved from the region a little while ago) ... and from thoughts (remembering), it was only a small meeting.

If you could give me a day or so ... I will make inquiries for you and get back to you about it ... it may not be until Friday now, just that I am rather busy on the morrow with guests, and of course to email them and await response.

So, back to you soon ... also, welcome to the Forum :)

Edited by Kay, 20 February 2013 - 12:30 PM.

"seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness" Matthew 6:33

#6 Gazing@Stars

Gazing@Stars
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Thanks very much to both of you, I really appreciate it! I will check back. God bless!

#7 Kay

Kay

Phi

• Admin
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Hi ... I contacted the sister who then contacted those in Colorado - they mentioned that you have now been in touch through their website.

Pleased you have been able to connect with them :)

#8 Gazing@Stars

Gazing@Stars
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

Yes, I received an email contact from a brother in the ecclesia this evening. Thank you for making calls on my behalf, you are so kind.

Blessings!

Anson (Gazing at Stars)
  • Kay and firstthings1st like this

#9 Marynsh

Marynsh
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

Hello, this is my first time posting so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right or if this post is dead but here goes.

I live in Elkton, MD and I see Ecclesias are really sparse in this area and was wondering perhaps if anyone had any suggestions as to what I should do? My car is a lemon and both of the Ecclesias in my area are an hour or so away.

I was also wondering is anyone knew anyone in the Elkridge Baltimore Ecclesia?

#10 Librarian

Librarian

Omega

• Publications
  • 9,832 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:37 AM

Hi Marynsh

Don't know anyone personally from Elkridge Baltimore Ecclesia - but they do have a website:

http://www.baltimorechristadelphians.com/ 

I also checked my email, a search to see if something came up - there was, so if you like I could email them with your email and ask them to contact you - or how you would like to go about it?

Let me know ... :) 

#11 Marynsh

Marynsh
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:31 PM

Thank you for getting back so quick. Yes if you could get them to contact me that would be great.

They are still pretty far away but I guess I could give it a go! Thanks! :thank:  :yahoo:

#12 Kay

Kay

Phi

• Admin
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:05 PM

Be back to you in the next day or so, will email the ecclesial member.

• Marynsh likes this

#13 Librarian

Librarian

Omega

• Publications
  • 9,832 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:33 PM

Marynsh

Have sent you a private message with the email address of one of the sisters at the meeting.

Trust you get together ... and perhaps a bit of providence involved because the email I used was an old one and really never read ... but they just happened to - and also now have an updated email address for the contact.

#14 Marynsh

Marynsh
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

Thank you for being so helpful. :ok:

• Kay and Librarian like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users