Photo
- - - - -

Does the Trinity & Godhead consist of 3, or 4, figures?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 biblicalagnostic

biblicalagnostic
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

When men spoke to and saw the face of the angel of the LORD they would refer to him as LORD and God. This is because all that the angel said and did was actually what The Father was saying and doing. The angel represents The Father fully in every way. Just as Jesus does. 

Can you find in the Bible a proof text for your assertion?

#32 Chrlsp

Chrlsp

Mu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

"Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 
Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him
But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries." (Ex 23:21-22)

"My name is in him"

If you obey his voice (the Angel) and do all that that I (God) speak.

If they obeyed the voice of the Angel then they would be doing all that God spoke because God's name was in the Angel.

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and given him a name which is above every name
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Php 2:9-11)

Jesus has been exalted above even the Angel of God who carried the name of God and spoke as God.

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; "

Jesus was made lower than the angels by his first birth and after he was raised from the dead in power was exalted higher than they.

Edited by Chrlsp, 16 November 2013 - 10:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users