Born again

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 biblebulgaria

biblebulgaria
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

Hello to everyone on this site. I know many Christians. Most of them have a water baptism. I do not know some who are donated to the holy spirit. It is given only by God. If there is some to tell what this heavenly baptism has changed his life .

#2 TrevorL

TrevorL

Lambda

• Christadelphian
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

Greetings biblebulgaria,

It appears from your Post and the 666 Post that English is not your original language and in both Posts what you say is not very clear. To respond to both Posts, we consider that the number 666 can represent Latenois, and this adds up to 666 in Greek. We suggest that this then represents the Latin Kingdom headed up in the Pope. As for this Post, we believe in water baptism, but if this is not a result of faith, or belief of the Apostolic Gospel, then it is not a true baptism Acts 8:5,12.

Kind regards

Trevor

#3 Search_B

Search_B
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:18 AM

Hello to everyone on this site. I know many Christians. Most of them have a water baptism. I do not know some who are donated to the holy spirit. It is given only by God. If there is some to tell what this heavenly baptism has changed his life .

Are you saying that you do not know anyone who has been baptised in the holy spirit of God?

How that changes our life is that it clears away confusion from our minds that we can suddenly begin to see the Scriptures with greater clarity.  We see things which were impossible for us to see before haviving received that baptism of holy spirit.  That then affords us greater opportunity to rejoice to work along with God to bring our inner spirit into fuller harmony with His spirit.

That is important as it is our inner spirit which must dominate our flesh so as to keep us from sin.   Prior to that baptism in the holy spirit we were able to benefit by God's spirit upon his written word, but not so fully as after that baptism in holy spirit.

God's spirit leads us if we willingling follow after it.  If we are an on again off again sort of Christian, that is a good sign we have not received that baptism in holy spirit.  We then may have some knowledge by the spirit which is on God's word, but that knowledge will remain incomplete in critical ways until God sees fit to baptise us with his holy spirit.  He does not baptise those in holy spirit whome he sees are only luke-warm in their love of him, for those that are luke-warm in their love are splitting their love between God and the carnality of the world.  But he will not hessitate to give that baptism in the holy spirit to any who are complete in their love and devotion toward him.

You will know such ones by the fruits that they bear, and particularly by the fruits of righteousness they bear, such as those described for us at Galatians 5:22-26.

(Compare Matthew 7:15-20)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users