• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Librarian

Librarian

Omega

• Publications
  • 9,944 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:42 AM

Christadelphians, as believers in the Word of God, the Bible, believe in "the good news of the kingdom of God".

We believe:

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16

We also believe:

"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;" Titus 1:2

"That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:" Hebrews 6:18

Theistic Evolutionists believe that science assertions have priority over Bible Statements.

Question

How do Theistic Evolutionists reconcile the Bible Statement:

"For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all shall he made alive." 1 Corinthians 15:22

#2 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

"For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all shall he made alive." 1 Corinthians 15:22

It is talking about the death that matters, "eternal destruction", everlasting death, not natural death. I know for a fact the founders of Christadelphianism understood this because I read their earliest writing on it, they just didnt use the term "spiritual death".

http://www.godandsci...itualdeath.html

http://www.gotquesti...tual-death.html
"and will smite every HORSE OF THE PEOPLE with blindness"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_symbolic_meaning_of_a_horse#ixzz1K0LLUt00

#3 Kay

Kay

Phi

• Admin
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:15 AM

It is talking about the death that matters, "eternal destruction", everlasting death, not natural death. I know for a fact the founders of Christadelphianism understood this because I read their earliest writing on it, they just didnt use the term "spiritual death".

Thanks, Mercia for your comments.

I did have a brief look at the second site, however, the third sentence, I didn't read further.

Christadelphians don't believe in an immortal soul - it is not scriptural, and has been part of their doctrine of belief since the earliest times.

The questions in this section are really directed so Christadelphians can answer if they so desire, those of the persuasion of Theistic Evolution. Though granted, you have endeavoured to answer the scriptural aspects - but again, it is for Christadelphians who are persuaded by evolution respond to.

The interesting aspect is that many can wax lyrical about the "science" - but when it comes down to discussions of doctrinal implications there is almost silence or "hand waving" ... or we must re-interpret the Bible to fit in with science.

So, the opportunity is here to clarify the implications of evolution on the Bible's account, and also our belief's - because it does have affect on our belief structure.

Back to your comments in general.

The brotherhood believe the same as the founders - that as in "Adam we all die" - the proof of the pudding is that we DO die, whether sooner or later. In Christ, we have the hope of eternal life - and given to Christ Jesus our Lord because he submitted to His Father in all things, even the death on the cross.

It speaks of natural death, again, we don't believe in the "immortality of the soul", we believe in physical and literal death - and returning to the dust.

Those who are responsible at trumpet call will be raised to judgement.
"seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness" Matthew 6:33

#4 Kay

Kay

Phi

• Admin
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

Again, the question remains unanswered:

Theistic Evolutionists believe that science assertions have priority over Bible Statements.

Question

How do Theistic Evolutionists reconcile the Bible Statement:

"seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness" Matthew 6:33

#5 Librarian

Librarian

Omega

• Publications
  • 9,944 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

:kay:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users