7 replies to this topic

#1 Jesse2W

Jesse2W

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

Jesus was the only begotten son. This was true either always, sometime before his birth, at his human birth, baptism, transfiguration, or resurrection. How do we explain the virgin birth of Luke 1:35 which says that's why Jesus is the son of God, the anointing of Jesus in Hebrews 5:5 where Jesus becomes the son of God, the transfiguration in Mathew 3:17 where Jesus is the son of God, and the Acts 13:33 where the 2nd Psalms is also used by Paul as it was in Hebrews but of Jesus's resurrection. (Seems Paul wasn't the author of Hebrews.)

Also - if Jesus said "I am not God," then Trinitarians would say he is not God the Father or, my favorite, not God as a human being sense he has two beings. The Trinity can't be proven wrong with reason like that.

Edited by Jesse2W, 16 September 2011 - 06:23 PM.

#2 Chrlsp

Chrlsp

Mu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

In Luke 1:35 it's said that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit. That would explain how he is the only begotten son of God. The first Adam (son of God) was formed from dust and the second Adam was born of a women by the Holy Spirit (son of Abraham; son of David).

Jesus had a second birth by which it is said that he is declared to be the son of God with power by being resurrected from the dead /immortal. Born again or born from above. (Rom 1:4)

"God hath fulfilled the same unto our children, in that he raised up Jesus [from the dead]; as also it is written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day [his resurrection]have I begotten thee." (Acts 13:33; Heb 5:5)

1) Conceived in the womb of Mary by the power of the Highest.

2) Declared to be the son of God by resurrection from the dead.

Edited by Chrlsp, 16 September 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#3 Chrlsp

Chrlsp

Mu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Born in weakness; raised in power.

Sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory.

Sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.

#4 Jesse2W

Jesse2W

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

Jesus was the only begotten son. This was true either always, sometime before his birth, at his human birth, baptism, transfiguration, or resurrection. How do we explain the virgin birth of Luke 1:35 which says that's why Jesus is the son of God, the anointing of Jesus in Hebrews 5:5 where Jesus becomes the son of God, the transfiguration in Mathew 3:17 where Jesus is the son of God, and the Acts 13:33 where the 2nd Psalms is also used by Paul as it was in Hebrews but of Jesus's resurrection. (Seems Paul wasn't the author of Hebrews.)

Also - if Jesus said "I am not God," then Trinitarians would say he is not God the Father or, my favorite, not God as a human being sense he has two beings. The Trinity can't be proven wrong with reason like that.

I meant Mathew 17:5 for the transfiguration - not Mathew 3:17.

#5 Jesse2W

Jesse2W

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

The Bible does say God fathered him after his birth, but how can you be fathered twice? You can be born twice, but how can you be fathered by the same father twice? This is one of the things that has shaken my faith the most about the inspiration of the New Testament.

#6 Chrlsp

Chrlsp

Mu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:27 AM

The Bible does say God fathered him after his birth, but how can you be fathered twice? You can be born twice, but how can you be fathered by the same father twice? This is one of the things that has shaken my faith the most about the inspiration of the New Testament.

That reminds me of what Nicodemus asked Jesus except Nicodemus thought Jesus meant that a man had to re-enter his mothers womb in order to be born again. In other words, how can you have the same mother twice.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

"That which is born of flesh is flesh"---The first birth. see(Rom 1:3)

"That which is born of The Spirit is spirit"---The born again birth or second birth. see (Rom 1:4)

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual."

Jesus is referred to as spirit. However, the spiritual (Birth) is not first. The natural or earthy (Birth)is first then, afterward, the spiritual (Birth).

All of this happens because there is a God in heaven who alone is God....The Father...there is none beside Him....He is the One true God. Father of all.

Edited by Chrlsp, 17 September 2011 - 03:42 AM.

#7 Chrlsp

Chrlsp

Mu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:55 AM

Without The Father the son does not exist. If the Father has not life within himself then the son cannot be given also to have life within himself.

#8 Jesse2W

Jesse2W

Lambda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

I guess because Jesus ceased to exist he had to be re-fathered by the same father. And there was a big difference between my question and Nicodemus' question. Thanks for you answer!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users