Photo
- - - - -

As of Lately - ♫ New theme

Posted by daysha , 07 March 2009 · 58 views

7 March 2009

Same title, new theme.

'As of lately' sounds like a good title to all of my blogs. 'As of a wee bit long ago' wouldn't really work so well. Also, my long-term memory doesn't serve me well so there's little point in discussing things from the past that are only a dim memory.

So, the new theme. I can't remember!!! :doh:

The 'theme general' to all of my blogs is: read, do, pray meditate, repeat - preferably concurrently, like a multi-track recording. Might get some spiritual harmony going then. :harp:

So, today's topic: 'garden'. Plants thrive best in different soils and situations in the garden depending on the particular type of plant. I thought how humans are the same. We thrive best when in a situation that suits our particular make-up. In that way, we are all different - what suits one :surf: would be of no use for :ccm: another. We are all plants in the God's garden. I am confident that He will have planted us in the right place. He may choose to relocate us later when we need new soil or a different climate for us to continue to spiritually flourish.

Even on a natural plane we thrive in some situations & wilt in others. However, our natural prime situation may differ from our best spiritual one. How do we get to know the best situation spiritually? Answer: Read. Pray Meditate. Do. Repeat.

And that's it.

Whichever part of His garden we are in, He will overshadow us from the elements and keep us safe.

Psalm 91:1 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty."

Conclusion: Find out which part of God's garden best suits me spiritually. Right here right now? Maybe. Maybe not. God will direct my steps so I have to keep on my feet - eh! :luigi:

Read. Pray. Meditate. Do. Repeat.

"Fear God and keep His commandments".

LATER:

New entry on FORGIVENESS.

Cut & pasted it from facebook Christadelphians group. Here tiz:-

"As I now understand it, forgiveness is something that can only happen between TWO parties - one with a repentant attitude and one with a forgiving attitude.

A person on their own can choose to cease from anger and be ready to forgive. This takes a great deal of love - as it did for Christ to die for us while we were still sinners, or to wash Judas' feet - and is something we should do (Rom 12:19-21). However the actual forgiveness/reconciliation hasn't happened until the two parties come together, both with the right attitude.
Just as Christs's death didn't mean that unrepentant sinners were forgiven, but it did mean that the offer of forgiveness was extended to all (Rom 5:2). God now appeals to all to take up his offer and be reconciled to him (2 Cor 5:20).

It seems to me that 'covering' the sins of others is usually something that follows forgiveness, ie we do not keep bringing the matter up, or punishing the person.
Pro 17:9 "Whoever covers an offense procures love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends." ie to not cover an offence is to keep talking about it to people, to keep bringing it up.
Prov 10:12 "Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offences". To stir up means to re-awaken that which had been sleeping; once again, bringing up old matters which had been put to rest.
"Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven (to lift and carry away), whose sin is covered (to hide or conceal)" (Psa 32:1).
"For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." (Jer 31:34)
"Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression" (Mic 7:18)"

END of Cut & Paste.

October 2014

S M T W T F S
2627282930 31  

Recent Entries

Recent Comments