3 replies to this topic

#1 Evangelion

Evangelion

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,351 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 06:36 PM

This isn't about "miracles and wonders" per se, but if you want to learn more about the pseudo-scientific stuff that people are selling these days, then Quackwatch should be your first port of call.
  • Click here for the mission statement of Quackwatch.
  • Click here for a list of questionable products, services, and theories.
Forewarned is forearmed! :alethia:
In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas
Imago
Credo

#2 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

Omega

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,244 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:59 AM

I've followed this site for two years now, and it just keeps getting better. :cry:
Miserere mei Deus,
Secundum magnam misericordiam tuam.
Et secundum multitudinem miserationum tuarum
dele iniquitatem meam.

Wesley answered “Thank you, sir. Your letter was superfluous, however, as I already knew the Lord has no need for my ‘book-learning,’ as you put it. However—although the Lord has not directed me to say so—on my own responsibility I would like to say to you that the Lord does not need your ignorance, either.”

Osborne & Woodward, ‘Handbook for Bible study’, pp. 13-14 (1979)

#3 Stephen

Stephen

Xi

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 03:49 AM

Cool link Ev. :cry:

In that same spirit, check out the Annals of Improbable Research
The important things are always simple; the simple are always hard.

#4 Matthew Hawkins

Matthew Hawkins

Pi

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 06:21 AM

Looks pretty impresive Ev, As I think it is a good idea to have a body of experts who are experienced in this field of medicine, to know the ins and outs of the trade, as to lookout for the mysticsm that is out there.

Quackwatch, :lol: :cry:

Any other watcher organisations that is known of?

Hmmm, can anyone think of any examples.

Poly Watch (politicians) is commonly kept in the minds of taxpayers, as we all know.

But getting back to sweriousness, in the kingdom age, the saints will be the police force in action under Christ to monitor the mortal population throughout the 1000 year reign, for which is inspiring to keep in mind.

Isa 30:20  And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:
Isa 30:21  And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

If everyone in the world dealt honestly by being honourable in their dealings, then that would certainly be a pleasing site to see.
1Cor 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Sanctus, sanctus, sanctus,
Dominus Deus Sabaoth.
Pleni sunt coeli et terra gloria tua.

I am a Christadelphian. Click here to see my confession of faith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users