8 replies to this topic

#1 Dandy

Dandy
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:34 AM

Hi again....

one more thing also...

if autism is what I could possibly have, or even just a mental illness..... how could I concentrate on my study, etc, without distractions, and someone to guide me without "mixing" of any of my old beliefs?

Dandy.

:confused:

#2 Panthera Infremeo

Panthera Infremeo

Delta

• Christadelphian
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:15 AM

Hi again....

one more thing also...

if autism is what I could possibly have, or even just a mental illness..... how could I concentrate on my study, etc, without distractions, and someone to guide me without "mixing" of any of my old beliefs?

Dandy.

Hi

one more thing also in addition to what? I cant find anything else you have written, or any other post, so I dont know what else you have said...

Autism? what symptoms do you display? PM me so its not public if you like. Mental illness? depends on what symptoms you, or others, perceive. Again, PM me.

Is lack of concentration or a feeling of fogginess or a sense of uncertainty part of the set of symptoms that you see in yourself?

If you dont know how to "PM" ( "Private Message" ) me, using the board feature for sending Private Messages, then I am sure that someone will help explain if you say you dont know how.

P.

#3 sarah

sarah

Upsilon

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:25 AM

Hi again....

one more thing also...

Dandy.

hello dandy and it looks like you need a welcome since youhavne't been here long...though i may be wrong on that but thats what the date says :-)
I would say its difficult to study on your own with autism if that is indeed what you have...someone else around is always good to have be it friend parent or spouse or even child. Autism in adults is far easier i think, to deal with than in children...as children do not always know the consequences of their autistic traits whereas adults are far more able to use reason.
I would speak to your doctor before you plan how you deal with autism or indeed a mental illness so that at least you know waht you are dealing with.
What were your old beliefs? and i suppose i could ask here too, what are your new beliefs :-0 Lots of questions...but then thats me...always questioning :-) :coffee:

#4 sarah

sarah

Upsilon

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:27 AM

Hi

one more thing also in addition to what? I cant find anything else you have written, or any other post, so I dont know what else you have said...

Autism? what symptoms do you display? PM me so its not public if you like. Mental illness? depends on what symptoms you, or others, perceive. Again, PM me.

Is lack of concentration or a feeling of fogginess or a sense of uncertainty part of the set of symptoms that you see in yourself?

If you dont know how to "PM" ( "Private Message" ) me, using the board feature for sending Private Messages, then I am sure that someone will help explain if you say you dont know how.

P.

Perhaps it would have been nice to welcome this member!!!

#5 Nat

Nat

Omicron

• Christadelphian
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:55 PM

Welcome Dandy!!

I'm sure there would be many people, especially people on here to help you out, whether that is studying or helping you concentrate etc. There are many Christadelphians who have got autism or other illnesses but they manage to study and concentrate with the help from Brothers and sisters, there are ways round it so never give up, there are always ways! :confused:

God Bless.

Love Nat xXx
Seek ye first the Kingdom Of God, And His righteousness, And all these things shall be added unto you. Ask and it shall be given unto you, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you. I am the way the truth and the life, That's what Jesus said, No man can come to the Father but by me. Hallelu', Hallelujah.

#6 Panthera Infremeo

Panthera Infremeo

Delta

• Christadelphian
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

:SarahS: Hi Dandy!

:cry:

#7 sarah

sarah

Upsilon

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:15 PM

:cry:

:eek: Hi Dandy!

:eek:

and i apologise i shouldn't have been so curt in my reply to you!! :SarahS:

#8 sarah

sarah

Upsilon

• Christadelphian MD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:35 PM