Photo
- - - - -

What city has the highest crime rate in the world?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

The city that sits on the city of seven hills.

The perverts have an age of consent as 12 we well and refuse to change it, every year Vatican city has the highest crime rate per capita in the world, mainly pedos and fraud. Hard to explain all this away without invoking the reality of the demonic. Catholic priests and the like are far worse than athiests. Explain that away if you can.

Seems like no one else can either?

Why does Vatican City have such a high crime rate? Read more: Why does Vatican City have such a high crime rate? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1501530#ixzz19oitjHoE

Should the Vatican city be prosecuted for crimes against humanity (children)?????

They have refused to change a law allowing sex at aged twelve, even though for the rest of Italy, the age of consent is now sixteen.

Throughout the rest of the world, at the age of twelve you are quite rightly seen as a child....It is illegal to have sex with a child.

There would be plenty of evidence to indict the pope over this, since he has refused to change the law in his tiny little city, whilst covering up the abuse by his priests and bishops, in other parts of the world.

Imo a crime against an innocent is the worst crime of all, since this sort of abuse is a mental life sentence for the victim, for the rest of their lives.

There should be a campaign mounted against this vile regime, and it's leader should be brought to justice at the hague.

http://adifferentsky...manity-children

Edited by Mercia2, 01 January 2011 - 08:36 PM.

"and will smite every HORSE OF THE PEOPLE with blindness"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_symbolic_meaning_of_a_horse#ixzz1K0LLUt00

#2 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

I did not know any of this until someone mentioned it on a satirical atheist comedy show on TV last night, I think Stephen Fry said Vatican city had highest crime rate in the world last year. The media keep strangely quiet about this. I have since been trying to research it for previous years..

This is an artice from 2003...

Vatican City is 'world's worst for crime'
Print
09/01/2003 - 16:42:50

More crimes are committed per inhabitant in the Vatican City than any other country in the world, according to new statistics.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_symbolic_meaning_of_a_horse#ixzz1K0LLUt00

#3 Mark Taunton

Mark Taunton

Rho

• Christadelphian Armoury
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

Steady on, Mercia!

I have no desire to defend the Pope or the RCC in any way. That institution has been an enemy of the truth and those who seek to follow it all down the centuries of its existence. However, my enemy's enemy is not necessarily my friend.

More crimes are committed per inhabitant in the Vatican City than any other country in the world, according to new statistics.

The issue is the meaning of the statistics. Is this talking only about crimes committed by its permanent inhabitants, who number less than 1000, or also by criminals among the millions of tourists who visit it every year? Given the extreme ratio between the two numbers, if the reported crime rate does include those committed by visitors then it is not in the least bit reasonable to compare it with that for any other country, since even the smallest of those (such as perhaps Monaco or Lichtenstein?) undoubtedly has a far smaller ratio of tourists to local residents.

Edited by Mark Taunton, 01 January 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#4 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

The issue is the meaning of the statistics. Is this talking only about crimes committed by its permanent inhabitants, who number less than 1000, or also by criminals among the millions of tourists who visit it every year? Given the extreme ratio between the two numbers, if the measured crime rate does include crimes by visitors then it is not in the least bit reasonable to compare it with that for any other country, since even the smallest of those (such as perhaps Monaco or Lichtenstein?) undoubtedly has a far smaller ratio of tourists to local residents.

The stats have fraud as right up their, thats not tourists, and not changing the age of consent from 12 tells us what?

Edited by Mercia2, 01 January 2011 - 09:11 PM.

#5 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

lowest age of consent in the world and every catholic priest in north/west Coventry in the 80s turned out to be a pedo. They are far worse perverts than athiests.

#6 Mark Taunton

Mark Taunton

Rho

• PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

How do you know that all the fraud is committed by permanent residents? Is that detail made explicit in the reports?

#7 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

How do you know that all the fraud is committed by permanent residents? Is that detail made explicit in the reports?

Are tourists committing fraud to buy more holy water? How else can fraud be applied to tourists if it can only apply in the context of financial fraud? It is a big beurocracy as far as I can tell, a huge business, I assume it refers to that?

Atheists do not concern themselves with the occult. The Catholic priest performs black magic rituals (the Catholic mass), that invites in the demonic, this explains why they are almost all total perverts.

As is written:
Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Edited by Mercia2, 01 January 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#8 Mark Taunton

Mark Taunton

Rho

• PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:25 PM

Mercia, despite (and in fact because of) the dreadful things that have been done and are still done by the RCC, it behoves those who desire to hold to the truth of the gospel to speak accurately and without bias. If you do not have clear evidence that the reported fraud is actually being committed by those who live in Vatican city, it is wrong to just assume that, and condemn them out of hand. Whilst Jericho was populated by wicked and corrupt people, with dreadful practices, and therefore condemned to utter destruction by God, there was one person in it who recognised and believed the truth, and who with her family was saved out of the flames that consumed all the others.

Edited by Mark Taunton, 01 January 2011 - 09:31 PM.

#9 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

Mercia, despite (and in fact because of) the dreadful things that have been done and are still done by the RCC, it behoves those who desire to hold to the truth of the gospel to speak truly and accurately. If you do not actually have clear evidence that the reported fraud is actually being committed by those who live and work in Vatican city, it is wrong to just assume that, and condmn them out of hand.

There are countless books on Amazon documnting Vatican fraud and murder by reputable former Catholic journalists. If you still do not trust them then trust your Bible..

and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Now take back that quote about your enemies enemy as you know not what you are saying who or you are calling a friend.

#10 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

Whilst Jericho was populated by wicked and corrupt people, with dreadful practices, and therefore condemned to utter destruction by God, there was one person in it who recognised and believed the truth

Of course, some of Gods people must remain in her until the end, or this would not be said...

"Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins"

#11 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

here was one person in it who recognised and believed the truth, and who with her family was saved out of the flames that consumed all the others.

thats why I was careful to say I believe "they are nearly all perverts", not all. Those who perform the Catholic mass I am mainly talking about.

#12 Mark Taunton

Mark Taunton

Rho

• PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

Mercia, I am not asserting that all fraud is committed by tourists. I am certainly not seeking to whitewash the Vatican. I am simply asking you to be careful as to what is fact and what is supposition on your part. The issue you raised is the crime rate in VC, and you mentioned fraud specifically as occurring at a high rate. Please, present the relevant official statistics (as are being referred to), with the evidence that this is specifically fraud by permanent residents.

#13 Mark Taunton

Mark Taunton

Rho

• PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Now take back that quote about your enemies enemy as you know not what you are saying who or you are calling a friend.

Please read it again. I wasn't calling anyone my friend.

#14 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

Mercia, I am not asserting that all fraud is committed by tourists. I am certainly not seeking to whitewash the Vatican. I am simply asking you to be careful as to what is fact and what is supposition on your part. The issue you raised is the crime rate in VC, and you mentioned fraud specifically as occurring at a high rate. Please, present the relevant official statistics (as are being referred to), with the evidence that this is specifically fraud by permanent residents.

Ok I will be careful, but it is my belief if the real truth were known it would be far worse than has been said or imagined. Thy Kingdom Come by former award winning Telegraph journalist Robert Hutchinson, I think is his name? I would highly recommend. It is hard to find these days.

Edited by Mercia2, 01 January 2011 - 09:42 PM.

#15 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

Please read it again. I wasn't calling anyone my friend.

You are right, I apologise after reading back. You said "However, my enemy's enemy is not necessarily my friend."

Edited by Mercia2, 01 January 2011 - 09:43 PM.

#16 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

You mentioned fraud specifically as occurring at a high rate. Please, present the relevant official statistics (as are being referred to)

Here are just a few....

Banking scandal

It was one of the biggest and most intriguing financial scandals of the last century.

Weeks after Roberto Calvi's murder in June 1982, the Italian bank he chaired, Banco Ambrosiano, went under with a then staggering $1.4 billion debt.

Mafia, Freemasons and the Vatican are implicated in a tale of drug trafficking, money laundering and tortuous financing spanning the world.

Many believe the death of Pope John Paul I in 1978, just 33 days after his election, happened because he wanted to break the murky links between what was then Italy's largest private bank and the Vatican.

The scandal touched financial institutions around the world and the Italian political elite.

http://www.guardian....aly.theobserver

Last year..

Vatican bank chief in fraud probe
Italian authorities are investigating alleged financial irregularities and money laundering by the Vatican bank.

Last Modified: 21 Sep 2010 13:54 GMT

.....According to ANSA news agency, Italian financial police have seized $30m from an account in the Vatican bank as part of a money laundering case.

Ettore Gotti Tedeschi, the Head of the Vatican bank and another official of the bank are being probed for possible violation of Italy's money laundering laws.

In a statement, the Vatican said it was "perplexed" by the accusation. The Vatican bank handles accounts for Roman Catholic orders.

Last year..

Vatican Banking Fraud Probe Widens: Church 'Astonished' It Must Adhere to Money Laundering Laws

Prosecutors: Vatican bank defying laundering laws

VICTOR L. SIMPSON and ALESSANDRA RIZZO | October 22, 2010 01

ROME — Italian prosecutors contest claims by the Vatican bank that it is trying to comply with international rules to fight money laundering, saying an investigation that led to the seizure of euro23 million ($30 million) from a Vatican bank account shows "exactly the opposite," according to a court document obtained Friday by The Associated Press.

An Italian court on Wednesday rejected a Vatican request to lift the seizure, leading the Vatican to express "astonishment" at the court's ruling and indicating the case will not be cleared up quickly, as the Vatican originally predicted.

Since the money was ordered seized last month, the Vatican and the bank's chairman, Ettore Gotti Tedeschi, have repeatedly said the allegations resulted from a "misunderstanding" and that the Vatican bank – officially known as the Institute for Works of Religion – has been working to comply with international rules to fight money-laundering.

The strongly worded document from the prosecutors' office said that while there is a "generic and stated will" to conform by the bank "there is no sign that the institutions of the Catholic church are moving in that direction."

It said the prosecutor's investigation had found "exactly the opposite."

The document was submitted to the court as part of the prosecutors' case against the bank.

The Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, issued a new statement Friday evening, saying Vatican bank officials "confirm their intent to follow the line of transparency" in all financial transactions and are confident in being able to provide as soon as possible all clarifications requested.

Under the investigation, financial police seized the money Sept. 21 from a Vatican bank account at the Rome branch of Credito Artigiano Spa, after the bank informed the Bank of Italy about possible violations of anti-money laundering norms. The bulk of the money, euro20 million ($26 million), was destined for JP Morgan in Frankfurt, with the remainder going to Banca del Fucino.

The prosecutors' document suggests confirmation of Italian press reports that the probe was widening, looking into possible violations in earlier years linked to Italian corruption, in addition to the two most recent cases.

The document cites suspicious transactions involving checks drawn from a Vatican bank account at Unicredit bank in 2009, involving the use of a false name.

The prosecutors also cited a euro650,000 withdrawal from a Vatican bank account at Intesa San Paolo bank where the Vatican didn't specify the money's ultimate destination despite a specific request by the Italian bank.

The prosecutors called this "a deliberate failure to observe the anti-laundering laws with the aim of hiding the ownership, destination and origin of the capital." The Italian banks have declined comment.

The Vatican bank is required to provide such information because it is considered by Italy to be a foreign bank.

Gotti and his No. 2, Paolo Cipriani, have been placed under investigation by Italian authorities. They were questioned by Rome prosecutors on Sept. 30. They have not been charged with any crime.

Italian legal experts have said the case could end up being decided by Italy's highest court.

It is not the first time the bank has clashed with Italian authorities. The Vatican bank was famously implicated in a scandal over the collapse of the Banco Ambrosiano in the 1980s in one of Italy's largest fraud cases.

Roberto Calvi, the head of Banco Ambrosiano, was found hanging from Blackfriars Bridge in London in 1982 in circumstances that still remain mysterious.

London investigators first ruled that Calvi committed suicide, but his family pressed for further investigation. Eventually murder charges were filed against five defendants, including a major Mafia figure, and they were tried in Rome and acquitted in 2007.

Banco Ambrosiano collapsed following the disappearance of $1.3 billion in loans the bank had made to several dummy companies in Latin America. The Vatican had provided letters of credit for the loans.

While denying any wrongdoing, the Vatican bank agreed to pay $250 million to Ambrosiano's creditors.

The late Archbishop Paul Marcinkus, an American prelate who headed the Vatican bank at the time, was charged as an accessory to fraudulent bankruptcy in the scandal, but Italy's Constitutional Court eventually backed the Vatican in ruling that under Vatican-Italian treaties Marcinkus had immunity from Italian prosecution. Marcinkus long asserted his innocence and died in 2006.

http://www.huffingto...u-vatican-bank/

Edited by Mercia2, 01 January 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#17 Mercia2

Mercia2

Chi

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

hile denying any wrongdoing, the Vatican bank agreed to pay $250 million to Ambrosiano's creditors.

...as you do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users