Christadelphians are a Bible-based community of believers, patterned after the first century ecclesias (assemblies), who wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. We hold the Bible as completely God inspired and without error, except for some translation and transcription errors. Our beliefs are different from mainstream Christianity and we urge you to examine why this is so. A brief summary of our beliefs are listed below.
- The Bible is the only true message from God and was entirely given by him.
- There is only one God, the Father, who made the world and has a great purpose for it.
- The Holy Spirit is God's own power; by which He works out His own holy will.
- Jesus is the Son of God. He is also Son of man through being born of Mary.
- Jesus overcame all temptation and died to save his followers from sin and death.
- Jesus was raised from the dead by God. Later he ascended to heaven but will return.
- When he returns he will raise and judge the responsible dead and give immortality to the faithful.
- He will be King over the restored Kingdom of God in Israel and over the whole world.
- His immortalised followers will help him to bring everlasting righteousness and peace worldwide.
- The devil is not a supernatural being but is another name for sin, destroyed only in Christ.
- Salvation involves covering from sin through Christ, and freedom from sin and death at his coming.
- When man dies he ceases to exist. The only hope of life is by the resurrection at Christ's return.
- Belief in God's Promises about the Kingdom of God and the work of Jesus Christ is essential.
- Repentance and baptism into Christ by immersion in water and daily following of Christ are all necessary for ultimate salvation.